Get any good brewing stuff for Christmas?

Not delivered yet, but this year I got for me... 4 spare beer line posts with new universal poppets, 3 Top Draw beer pick ups, 2 reconditioned kegs and a blowtie spunding valve kit.
I just tasted a pilsner I fermented under 7 pounds of pressure at 48F using the blowtie, super clean, crisp and delicious. Fermenting in a keg works awesome. Good luck, sounds like you had a very nice Christmas.

OOh yeah I should check my posts.

Introductory kegging setup. Thanks, honey!
Well good on Deb! You can still share beer with a growler,and she is probably figuring you will have more time to help her with wine;).

Wife got me the mashing kit for my Digiboil as an early Christmas gift. She must have noticed that only one of my Fermonsters had a thermowell in it, so she got me another one. Daughter gave me a couple of Lagunitas pint drinking jars for my collection. Really didn't need anything brewing related, next year I'll ask for gift cards to replace beer related gifts.

Wife bought me the complete joy of homebrewing, bless her heart. Quick look at the book, and a review I read on the interwebs tells me that it isn't a very useful book. She gets points for the effort!

I musta been a good boy this year because Wifey got me a Mark 2 pump so I have been playing with mounting options on my brew stand today and she just walked in the door from some post Christmas shopping with a silly tree ornament of a growler! LOL...according to the Chinese, "Growlers are not only useful to the beer drinker, but have also become collectors' items."

My son gave me "Brewing Classic Styles" and my in-laws gave me a vacuum sealer so I can buy hops in bulk.
All I got from my wife was a couple of shirts! :oops: I thought she knew me better. ;)

Wife bought me the complete joy of homebrewing, bless her heart. Quick look at the book, and a review I read on the interwebs tells me that it isn't a very useful book. She gets points for the effort!
Haha. You know, I still have the books and look through them from time to time and still find them very enjoyable. Dated for sure, but Charlie P. made them a great read. And I remember when I first started brewing, that was all there was!
I bumped into (literally) Charlie P. this year at GABF and we stood in line and chatted awaiting our next beer. Really a great guy and we have him to thank for this great hobby of ours. He's the real deal and I felt super lucky to have met him. He's like the homebrew rockstar imo. Cool gift!

He has his own way of explaining brewing science for sure. This was my first really brewing related book and just opening the tattered cover reminds me of how brewing knowledge has evolved over the years.
Charlie P. has some good recipes in there too.

My son gave me "Brewing Classic Styles" and my in-laws gave me a vacuum sealer so I can buy hops in bulk.
All I got from my wife was a couple of shirts! :oops: I thought she knew me better. ;)

Lots of good recipes in CBS as well as help with designing recipes of particular styles.

Both good to have on the shelf.

I musta been a good boy this year because Wifey got me a Mark 2 pump so I have been playing with mounting options on my brew stand today and she just walked in the door from some post Christmas shopping with a silly tree ornament of a growler! LOL...according to the Chinese, "Growlers are not only useful to the beer drinker, but have also become collectors' items."

20191226_185940.jpeg

Do we have any brewers from China on the forum?

I was building up a pretty good collection of growlers until people quit returning them. Now they get bombers instead. Leaves 10 ounces of extra beer for me :)

LOL...just got that...THEY are collecting them! Little slow on the take up!

It happened in a round about way, but I've got a 30 liter Speidel fermenter on the way. Oldest daughter gave me a Home Depot gift card. Don't personally want or need anything from Home depot, so told the wife we'd use it to buy paint for the remodel project I'm working and just add the amount to my brewing budget. Sometimes honey dos come in handy :)

It happened in a round about way, but I've got a 30 liter Speidel fermenter on the way. Oldest daughter gave me a Home Depot gift card. Don't personally want or need anything from Home depot, so told the wife we'd use it to buy paint for the remodel project I'm working and just add the amount to my brewing budget. Sometimes honey dos come in handy :)
I've always said homebrewers are the most inovative people on the planet! Hats off to ya Bob!

Back