Water Chemistry in Recipe Print

Megary

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before and I assume because of all the more important updates and improvements that it either got put on the back burner or left off the stove altogether.

This is a minor request and should be treated as such, but:
Can you include more information on water chemistry in the recipe print?

Currently, the recipe editor has:
Source Water
Target Water
Target Ion Levels
Overall Water Report

The recipe print has:
Target Water
Target Ion Levels

Is there a way to include the source water and overall water report in the recipe print? I realize you guys had to reconfigure the recipe print page to get everything nice and neat on one page (it looks great) and I wouldn't want this request to interfere with that. But - in my opinion - the Source Water and Overall Water Report would be huge additions to the printed recipe, especially the Overall Water Report because it would be nice to see how close the water additions got you to the target. It is the one thing I have to hand write on every recipe printout after a brew session.

I'd be interested to hear from other members to see if I am the only one who thinks this would be a good idea.

Thanks for the consideration.

Anyone who knows me knows I like to have all of the information, but I know there was a lot of requests and work needed to get it all to fit on one page.

I'll submit a request for it, as long as we can keep that (one page print) in place, and have this optional, then I think it's good. Otherwise we may need to look at a separate print out of the water.

If I may suggest, another toggle on/off option. To be honest, if I had a choice, I would rather have the resulting water profile from water additions, than the target profile on the recipe print out.

The target means jack to me.

I'll submit a request for it, as long as we can keep that (one page print) in place, and have this optional, then I think it's good. Otherwise we may need to look at a separate print out of the water.

I like the idea of a separate printout of the water. First page could end with the Priming entry, then on second page you could put Target Water etc. etc.
Quick Water Requirements etc.
This would leave all ingredients on first page, including salt additions. Then all other desired water info would easily fit on second page.
I'm sure the idea has been brought up of creating a page break so this would solve that issue of half of an entry on each page also. It's usually Quick Water Requirements that gets split.

To reiterate, please, whatever gets added, please give it a check box at the top so those that don't want it can deselect it.

Back