No rinse dairy sanitizer.

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Going to change up my cleaning method. I have been using a heavy duty chlorine detergent followed by an acid rinse. Going to try a no rinse ammonium chloride detergent/sanitzer and do it all in one step. I'll pick up a gallon on Mark 10 today. Should be a very cost effective solution, mix ratio is 1-2 ounces to 4 gallons water, cost is $19 a gallon. Non foaming and requires 1 minute contact time.

Stuff I was using before did a nice job, but required to be water rinsed before use. Can't help but think that would be a route to possible contamination. I will also admit that I like the idea of 1 step better than 3.

When it comes down to it, I think it's hard to beat the cost of Star San. Properly mixed and stored, an under $10 investment in a bottle will last forever.

I keep some Star San around too, just like a non foaming sanitzer better for some things. I use Star San after chlorinated detergent on kegs and lines, and in a spray bottle.

When it comes down to it, I think it's hard to beat the cost of Star San. Properly mixed and stored, an under $10 investment in a bottle will last forever.
Adding a little: Mix it with distilled water and it lasts nearly forever. I use mine until something discolors it or gets so gunked up I don't want to use it. I don't know if it's been said in the thread but sanitation is the one place you do not want to save money! It's the highest priority job, an error here is unrecoverable.

I typically have used Oxyclean as a cleaner, but recently purchased PBW for the 1st time in years and I have to say, I don't think I like it as much as the oxy. I may give Onestep a try next, or maybe just go back to oxy.

I keep some Star San around too, just like a non foaming sanitzer better for some things. I use Star San after chlorinated detergent on kegs and lines, and in a spray bottle.

The makers of Star-San, also make a non foaming sanitizer called Saniclean. I use it when sanitizing kegs for storage as it doesn’t foam like Star-San does.

Adding a little: Mix it with distilled water and it lasts nearly forever. I use mine until something discolors it or gets so gunked up I don't want to use it. I don't know if it's been said in the thread but sanitation is the one place you do not want to save money! It's the highest priority job, an error here is unrecoverable.

Couldn’t agree more in that cleaning and sanitizing is the highest priority.

I typically have used Oxyclean as a cleaner, but recently purchased PBW for the 1st time in years and I have to say, I don't think I like it as much as the oxy. I may give Onestep a try next, or maybe just go back to oxy.

Going on 4 years of home brewing, I’ve only used One Step, so I can’t speak for PBW or OXI or any others. But One Step has been our cleaner since day one and don’t see a need to change.

I have used Oxyclean almost since day 1. Then StarSan.

@Mase I think I'll give the One Step a go next just for a change up. I actually think I've got a few sample packs One Step around here someplace.
@Hamner Brewhouse yeah the oxy is good stuff I think!
When I’m filling my containers, One Step likes to stay granular for a minute or two, so swirling while filling your cleaning bucket helps expedite the process.

Wanna start a great thread full of brewers opinions start one about cleaning and sanitizing lol:D:D:).

Well if were not cleaning equipment or using it were drinking:rolleyes: well that and other stuff.

I'm trying my first go at PBW after a long stint on just sodium percarbonate Oxy clean it's because I cant get my hand fully into my fermentor with soft cloth just to give once over so thought I'd try something a bit tougher supposedly.

Sure does a great job on the brew kettle, poured some into the kettle and a quick wipe down with a chore boy pad and shiny and spotless. All the burnt on residue from the boil wiped right off.

Back