Fermenting Vessels

Over The Cliff Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Brewing a small 2.5 gal batch this coming weekend and was going use Fermentis T58. Are there any down side to fermenting in a regular 6 gal carboy? I have 2.5 gallon vessel ( see image below) but I have read that T 58 really blows the lids off. I don't want to lose any beer.
shopping

Brewing a small 2.5 gal batch this coming weekend and was going use Fermentis T58. Are there any down side to fermenting in a regular 6 gal carboy? I have 2.5 gallon vessel ( see image below) but I have read that T 58 really blows the lids off. I don't want to lose any beer.
shopping
I don't see any downside to it. I have the same Little Demon, and it kind of sucks when the batch size is around 2.5 gal or greater - not enough head room! For my last 2.5 gallon batch, I put it in a 5 gal Big Mouth fermentor.

I don't see any downside to it. I have the same Little Demon, and it kind of sucks when the batch size is around 2.5 gal or greater - not enough head room! For my last 2.5 gallon batch, I put it in a 5 gal Big Mouth fermentor.
That is what I normally use

and the valve is way too low to pull off the beer once fermentation is done

Back