Miller's time is up!

That's too bad. Loss of 400-500 good jobs. Many here in Colorado. I think it's too bad. Always been a fan of Miller Lite myself, and put away a plenty.
Good paying jobs going away.

Always been a fan of Miller Lite myself

Ah yes...but do you think it tastes great or do you find it less filling? Just wondering....

Yeah, I felt the same way on the job loss and thought it was rather strange seeing a Lite commercial tonight during the world series stating something to the like of Miller Lite being the first "social network".....Idunno...maybe they meant beer was first social network...I think they, Miller Lite, had a free beer if you unfriended them ...ya know , get off the key board and interact directly with your fellow man...I think I saw that earlier this week.....gotta go find that ..it's Google Time! :rolleyes:

Yeah.....here it is...weird, October 22 release for the un-follow....I guess no one told the marketing execs

Sorry to hear about the loss of jobs. It should come as no surprise, between the advent of localized craft brewers, and the advent of home brewing... we can only drink so much beer...

So far they've reported no one at the brewery will lose their jobs, only at the downtown headquarters. And they've reported they're offering jobs with relocation to many of the employees downtown, although relocation to Chicago doesn't seem like much of a benefit! My thought: The people they may be laying off are the kind of people who won't go without work long. And, extra goodness, New Belgium is now the largest brewery based in Colorado!

New Belgium is now the largest brewery based in Colorado
What a lot people don't realize is that as big as New Belgian is, is not the largest brewery in Fort Collins or the oldest. Just up the interstate is a Budweiser plant that pumps out 10 million barrels a year, that an insane amount of beer and it's Fort Collins' oldest brewery. The Coors plant in Golden is considered the largest brewery in the world cranking out 22 million barrels a year. Theses are incredibly large operations, just to be able to brew on such a large scale is a technical wonder.

You couple that with all the craft breweries in Colorado, it is certainly the beer capitol of the US, if not the world. I'm happy to visit, but if I lived there my liver would suffer greatly.

Sorry to see Coors lose it's independence (years ago), but at least the brewery survives.

As much as I don't care for the beer, it would suck to see all the people lose their jobs.

Ah yes...but do you think it tastes great or do you find it less filling? Just wondering....

Yeah, I felt the same way on the job loss and thought it was rather strange seeing a Lite commercial tonight during the world series stating something to the like of Miller Lite being the first "social network".....Idunno...maybe they meant beer was first social network...I think they, Miller Lite, had a free beer if you unfriended them ...ya know , get off the key board and interact directly with your fellow man...I think I saw that earlier this week.....gotta go find that ..it's Google Time! :rolleyes:

Me, I just like the easy opening cans...

What a lot people don't realize is that as big as New Belgian is, is not the largest brewery in Fort Collins or the oldest. Just up the interstate is a Budweiser plant that pumps out 10 million barrels a year, that an insane amount of beer and it's Fort Collins' oldest brewery. The Coors plant in Golden is considered the largest brewery in the world cranking out 22 million barrels a year. Theses are incredibly large operations, just to be able to brew on such a large scale is a technical wonder.

You couple that with all the craft breweries in Colorado, it is certainly the beer capitol of the US, if not the world. I'm happy to visit, but if I lived there my liver would suffer greatly.

Sorry to see Coors lose it's independence (years ago), but at least the brewery survives.
Not the oldest by much...much at all. I still remember when my roommate and her family had a sod farm on that land, and still do all around it. It is a cool plant and I've toured it many times. We like going and seeing the Clydesdales.
I have a few friends that work there and they all say it's a great job.
My father in-law worked for Coors for years while he went to school and then supplemented his income working nights there while he worked a "real" day job, supporting a family of THREE girls (not including my mother in law lol). He tells us all about his before, during, and after, shift beers and still has many of the glasses that we still drink from. Different times not that long ago.

Back