Bring on the Viking Red Active!!!

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Couldn't buy it milled so...
IMGA0230[1884].jpg

Guess I'm milling it myself.(I'll power it with a Milwaukee M18 drill on low speed).

Milwaukee makes good products, I bought this after my battery died, it was the same price as a new 18V battery

All I can say is beware of mice, I kept about 300 pounds of grain in my garage regularly until they arrived, now I don't lol

All I can say is beware of mice, I kept about 300 pounds of grain in my garage regularly until they arrived, now I don't lol

Going to pick up a HD plastic bin tomorrow. Will keep it in there with a silica pack. The rest of it goes either in the freezer or a plastic bucket with a tight lid.

Going to use the Red Active for 27.8% of the grain bill for my next batch of "Dirty Bohemian" this weekend. I'll know more about the color after I brew with it.

Going to use the Red Active for 27.8% of the grain bill for my next batch of "Dirty Bohemian" this weekend. I'll know more about the color after I brew with it.
Sounds like weyermann red X malt without looking it up. What a haul there mate wowie!
What's in the smaller bags?

I keep a couple hundred pounds in rubbermaid totes in my garage. And I use a Canadian Tire concrete mixing drill to power my corona mill. I want one of those shiny mills but my little Corona just keeps chugging along.

Sounds like weyermann red X malt without looking it up. What a haul there mate wowie!
What's in the smaller bags?
5 pounds of Viking Dextrin, 20 of Viking Pilsner, 1 of Briess Midnight Wheat... 3 pounds of the Dextrin, 5 of Red Active and 10 of Pilsner are in my Mash tun right now!!!

Couldn't buy it milled so...
View attachment 7732

Guess I'm milling it myself.(I'll power it with a Milwaukee M18 drill on low speed).

I picked up the same mill, but at Austin Homebrew Supply they brand it the Cereal Killer lol. I used the hand crank just to see how much effort it actually took and I chowed through 12 lbs of grain easily in a matter of minutes. I may very well continue doing it by hand. Kinda therapeutic!

how's the malt flavor on this? I currently have Best Malz Red X but have been considering Viking Red Active

Back