Air purifiers

Toze

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all

A few weeks back we had a house fire. Significant damage but could have been worse.
However, as I have asthma and to help clear the air, a family member bought me an air purifier with Uv light filter to kill air born bacteria and viruses.

It got me thinking as to whether it has any benefit to my brew set up. Any thoughts?

Toze

Likely not. The UV won't kill enough bacteria to sanitize (in our case reduce bacterial count by 100,000). Concentrate on sanitizing your equipment and what's in the air generally is too insignificant to concern yourself with.

Likely not. The UV won't kill enough bacteria to sanitize (in our case reduce bacterial count by 100,000). Concentrate on sanitizing your equipment and what's in the air generally is too insignificant to concern yourself with.
I appreciate your reply. My friend (a successful AG brewer) drilled into me about sanitation and fermentation temperatures being part of success. Therefore i have been obsessive with cleaning and sanitization. :)

If you have a dedicated brew space in a room you can close you could certainly use the filter to clean the air in there. Theoretically could reduce your chances of airborne contamination, but if you have not yet had problems with contamination it is highly doubtful you would see a difference.

Sanitation is definitely a problem but unless your in a sealed area you can't kill all the bugs, that's why you follow a strict process with sanitation for all equipment that touches the wort or beer, I'm obsessed with my process and it does work but the air is a loosing battle

If you have a dedicated brew space in a room you can close you could certainly use the filter to clean the air in there. Theoretically could reduce your chances of airborne contamination, but if you have not yet had problems with contamination it is highly doubtful you would see a difference.
Every little helps i guess ;)

Back