Newbie from Plymouth UK

Toze

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have already posted within newbie forum being very keen to get started. However i felt a bit guilty not introducing myself.

My name is Paul, but friends call me Toze, which is a shortened version of my surname; and i live in Plymouth, England.

I have done a couple kits but felt i wanted to jump straight into AG. The whole scientific process intrigues me. I just hope mistakes aren't too costly:eek:. Currently i'm using BIAB to simplify the process as much as possible but who knows where that will go?

Anyhow, i look forward to tapping in to great community knowledge and maybe at some point have something valuable to share in return.

Welcome. Plenty of knowledge here and very little BS. You found a great forum.

Welcome Toze! Mistakes will be plenty, rarely costly, but always educational. Cheers!
Cheers! The waiting for next brew step is killing me. Kits are all well and good. But my first AG attempt has added an extra layer of excitement tempered by a significant dose of anxiety

Cheers! The waiting for next brew step is killing me. Kits are all well and good. But my first AG attempt has added an extra layer of excitement tempered by a significant dose of anxiety
It’s an addiction for sure. Pick a simple ale you like and make it frequently to get your process down.

Enjoy the trip.

It’s an addiction for sure. Pick a simple ale you like and make it frequently to get your process down.

Enjoy the trip.
I’ve made a Smash of Marris Otter and Centennial. I’ve taken loads of notes and tried to monitor every step.

We’ll see how that turns out.

Welcome to your new obsession Toze! On the heals of those before me.... lots of notes and try and stay with simple brews... no need to rush into the latest craze (yet). Oh and the most important thing if all... RDWHAHB!

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
I only ever did one extract kit, then jumped straight into AG BIAB.
Experience is the best teacher, be sure to ask your questions.
The only dumb questions are the ones that you already know the answer to, and the ones you don't ask...

Back