Losing gravity value on Brew Log entries

eheeke

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
At times I return to past Brew Log entries in order to update them with additional information, correct spelling errors, etc. When I made a recent change to a brew log comment and saved/submitted the change, I noticed that I lost the gravity value on that entry (the cell was empty). I re-entered the gravity and resaved. Everything looked OK.

I then did some testing. I started with a Brew Log entry with a gravity, temperature, and comment. If I changed the temperature entry or the comment and resaved, I would lose the existing gravity value. The program wasn't remembering what the value was. Conversely, if I changed the gravity value and resaved, the program retained all entries properly (gravity, temperature, and comment). Consequently, it looks like the problem is related to the program not retaining the gravity value if it isn't being changed/entered.

We’re working on this right now. I’ll let you know when we have the fix out. Sorry about this.

At times I return to past Brew Log entries in order to update them with additional information, correct spelling errors, etc. When I made a recent change to a brew log comment and saved/submitted the change, I noticed that I lost the gravity value on that entry (the cell was empty). I re-entered the gravity and resaved. Everything looked OK.

I then did some testing. I started with a Brew Log entry with a gravity, temperature, and comment. If I changed the temperature entry or the comment and resaved, I would lose the existing gravity value. The program wasn't remembering what the value was. Conversely, if I changed the gravity value and resaved, the program retained all entries properly (gravity, temperature, and comment). Consequently, it looks like the problem is related to the program not retaining the gravity value if it isn't being changed/entered.

The fix went live- I’m testing but @eheeke if you’re around and able if you also want to make sure we fixed the issue completely for you that would be great!

Seems to maintain the SG value properly now. Thanks!

On a separate note, I think this has been mentioned by someone else previously, but it's annoying when I go back to edit an entry, and the full dropdown entry list for EVENT pops up immediately. If I was going to make a brand new entry, I can see the need for a drop down entry prompt but not when I am modifing an existing entry. Thanks, Eric

upload_2019-11-20_19-6-57.png

Back