October 14th Updates

avantassel

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
2019-10-14

Fixed

• Recipe Builder - Fixed hop temp width to not cut off a digit.

• Equipment Profile - Add Liters option for Mash Water Units when general units setting is metric.

• Recipe View - Fixed hop summary units being converted to grams. Hops are grouped in the hop summary and amounts are changed to grams to sum a total amounts. These amounts were not being converted back to the unit on the recipe. This fixes that.

• Recipe View - Fixed blurry avatar images for recipe authors by using higher resolution images.

• Shopping List - Fixed yeast count when converting recipe ingredients to shopping list.
https://docs.brewersfriend.com/changelog#2019-10-14

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited the announcement above to include one additional fix today:

Recipe View - Fixed blurry avatar images for recipe authors by using higher resolution images.

2019-10-14

Fixed

• Recipe Builder - Fixed hop temp width to not cut off a digit.

• Equipment Profile - Add Liters option for Mash Water Units when general units setting is metric.

• Recipe View - Fixed hop summary units being converted to grams. Hops are grouped in the hop summary and amounts are changed to grams to sum a total amounts. These amounts were not being converted back to the unit on the recipe. This fixes that.

• Recipe View - Fixed blurry avatar images for recipe authors by using higher resolution images.

• Shopping List - Fixed yeast count when converting recipe ingredients to shopping list.
https://docs.brewersfriend.com/changelog#2019-10-14
When are you going to fix the Inventory section as it is it is totally useless.
I just went to add a bunch of hops to the Inventory just now and the process was a joke.
First off you can't tell heads from tails of what you've got in your inventory at a glance because the list is as long as your arm. It's better and easier to go put your head into the freezer you'd find what you've got in stock quicker!
Screenshot_20191015-155856_Samsung Internet.jpg

See above screen shot what use is it layed out like that all piled ontop of each other it looks just like a bunch of random txt.
Also everything is just packed in there in one long string.
It should all be layed out compact one under the other in their sepperate categorys hops malt yeast ect. It was just right how it used to be what ever fancy new fangle dangle ideahs you've got in this department isn't working.

Now when I want to add an inventory items HOPS for example from your selection box (which by the way on my Samsung galaxy phone i have to press and hold the drop down box icon for a secon or the drop box disappears)
All the other inventory sections are still there for adding grains or yeast ect see screen shot.
Screenshot_20191015-161835_Samsung Internet.jpg

All them other fields should disappear and just the relevant input fields for hops should be left.

The inventory sux dudes I only started using it as it was a handy tool for getting an ideah of what I have on hand when formulating a recipie.
Now it's just a jumbled cluttered unusable mess.

Imagine if you were a first time user and tried to input an inventory item with the current jumbled state of affairs it's in it'd be enough to put you off brewing and put you off this brewing platform all together.

Come on BF team if this was a a keg of beer I'd pour it out and write it up as an infection.:oops:

Last edited:
We are working hard on the mobile visual problems right now. I'll keep you updated as to when they are out of beta and released.

Back