Anyone in the Denver area?

Hawkbox

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm flying into a conference on Sunday and will have most of that day and Monday to kill so it seems like an opportunity for a meetup.

I'm going to be staying at Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora so I don't really know where that is in relation to anything.

Conversely, good tap rooms to try out?

I'm flying into a conference on Sunday and will have most of that day and Monday to kill so it seems like an opportunity for a meetup.

I'm going to be staying at Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora so I don't really know where that is in relation to anything.

Conversely, good tap rooms to try out?
The good news is that's about 20 minutes up E470 from my house. The bad news is I'll be out of town, leaving tomorrow afternoon. The Gaylord is several miles from anything - I hope you have a car - BUT here are some recommendations: The Dry Dock Brewery, either the North Dock or the older, original South Dock. Go to Bent Barley. That one's a fifteen minute walk from the house but dang it, your timing sucks. Comrade is in south Denver, a bit harder to get to but Small Brewery of the Year. I'd also recommend Launch Pad, it's in Aurora. If you go downtown, my friend Martin Vargas brews at Raices - he's the source of the Nautical Star recipe. And if you're downtown, don't miss Bierstadt Lagerhaus for some really good German-style brews. There are so many good breweries around it's hard to list but these are the ones I know won't fail you.

By the way, the Dry Dock brews Gaylord's Golden Ale, a pretty good drop in itself. And I believe the Plane to the Train (our light rail service from the airport to downtown) stops there.

Cheers and welcome to Denver!

Ah that sucks. Would be cool to meet up, I don't have a vehicle but I'm not above a cab to do some exploring. There's no real chance I'll hit everything but by god I'm going to try and hit some of them.

Man, if I had more time off I'd come down, but unfortunately booked up this weekend. I've had plenty of Dry Dock but never actually been to the brewery, but I've never heard or had anything bad from them. @Nosybear I'm sure knows that area well and I'm certain he wouldn't steer ya wrong!
I'd suggest Lyft or Uber over a cab here. Enjoy Colorado!

Ah that sucks. Would be cool to meet up, I don't have a vehicle but I'm not above a cab to do some exploring. There's no real chance I'll hit everything but by god I'm going to try and hit some of them.
Look into the Light Rail system - it's pretty good here. Whenever I want to go downtown, I take the rail - much easier and cheaper than driving!

Nice, I honestly didn't even realize Denver had a rail system. I can definitely work a train system as I think Monday is actually not part of the conference now that I've dug into it, so I'll have a day to kill.

Nice, I honestly didn't even realize Denver had a rail system. I can definitely work a train system as I think Monday is actually not part of the conference now that I've dug into it, so I'll have a day to kill.
Haha, you're pretty much in craft beer nirvana down there!

Hawk box
Dry Docks Brewey is known as North Dock. They are having a 14th anniversary on this Saturday. Search for Dry Dock 14er for info. Maybe you don't have to roam far for a taste of Denver Craft Beer world.
If you are a FBer search there with Dry Dock 14er for details.
Enjoy your time here.

You could do far worse the Dry Dock.

Pretty good. Especially when it’s free.

Attachments

• 963861FD-2DDF-412F-9948-60CE2E4C9858.jpeg
    963861FD-2DDF-412F-9948-60CE2E4C9858.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 82
Hawk box
Enjoy your time here in beer nirvana. Maybe I'll see you at Dry Dock 14er.
Later

It was good, back home now and tired. But lot of good local beer drank.

Back