Highlands of Scotland.

kelper

Trial Member
Reaction score
I was born in England but recently moved to Scotland's north coast. I've been kit brewing, done one extract brew and am about to start AG. I have a 50L Coobra CB5 on order. Also a sparge water heater. The Coobra looks identical to the Klarstein, but cheaper! It's shipping from Sweden.
2193_1.jpg

Welcome to Brewers Friend!

Welcome aboard!

That's some big stainless there! What's ya gonna brew for your first AG batch??

I'm going to extend the recirc pipe so I can use it for the sparge. The pump can be connected to the hot water boiler. Is this a good idea?

I'm going to extend the recirc pipe so I can use it for the sparge. The pump can be connected to the hot water boiler. Is this a good idea?
You mean your hot water system for your house. Recon that water maybe a little rough.
Maybe pour some in a glass and give it a taste before using it in your beer:).

You mean your hot water system for your house. Recon that water maybe a little rough.
Maybe pour some in a glass and give it a taste before using it in your beer:).
No, I mean the electric sparge water heater in the photo. I will connect the pump suction to the sparge heater and lengthen the pipe at the top so it can be used when the malt pipe is in the raised position. I'll post a new thread when I have it set up.

Last edited:
No, I mean the electric sparge water heater in the photo. I will connect the pump suction to the sparge heater and lengthen the pipe at the top so it can be used when the malt pipe is in the raised position. I'll post a new thread when I have it set up.
Yeah it'll work just fine sorry was getting ahead of me self there.

Back