Device Map

Bubba Wade

Trial Member
Reaction score
New device map feature is pretty cool. See where people all over the world are brewing. Nice job, BF!

No disrespect, but I was looking at that, and the new icons displaying membership status, and wondering what that has to do with brewing beer. the recipe editor, and the brew session functions are cumbersome at best. Why are the developers spending time on things like this and not working on fixing the software?

I really feel sorry for @Yooper . She’s as dedicated as they come, and always as helpful and informative and polite as they come.

Hats off to you @Yooper

Like Craigerr, I really wonder what this has to do with brewing. Marketing, maybe, but I can guarantee I've clicked that link for my last (and first) time. No useful information for the brewer there....

I really feel sorry for @Yooper . She’s as dedicated as they come, and always as helpful and informative and polite as they come.

Hats off to you @Yooper

Did you find me on the device map? :)

There are reasons for adding this, but we want you to know that it wasn't done at the expense of other things. I thought it was pretty cool.

The what now?

upload_2019-10-2_12-18-50.png

If you click that, you can see where the Brewer's Friend software is being used. You can "see" my tilt here:
Capture.JPG

Oooh neat.

Yeah pretty cool.

I also see there is a new "Group" thing too @Yooper looks like it's for collaboration group recipies too bad my premium membership doesn't allow it's use...

Yeah pretty cool.

I also see there is a new "Group" thing too @Yooper looks like it's for collaboration group recipies too bad my premium membership doesn't allow it's use...

It is for group recipes, and would work great for brewers who share brewing gear and recipes, homebrew clubs, etc. It’s part of the plus release that just came out last night.

I will ask and see if we can get a “trial membership” to that version if you’re interested.

Seriously? Almost like our little Nautical Star collab was monetized upon... lol.

Only frequenting these forums to enjoy the class of the core members and lack of BS, I don't feel comfortable dissing the powers that be. I do, however, understand the frustration of the core. After seriously considering switching to BF from what I've used for quite a number of years, I will say that the lack of continuity that I saw in the software convinced me to stand pat.

Having been a successful small business owner for close to 20 years, I do understand the lure of attracting new customers, but also understand that nothing is more profitable that retaining your core following. The best advertising is definitely word of mouth. It appears that this is quickly declining here.

BIt odd but I'm not going to fault someone a side project.

Back