Harvesting yeast after using Clarityferm?

Reaction score
So i have batch in secondary with a very nice almost hop free yeast cake at the bottom. wanting to harvest it.
But i used whitelabs Clarityferm, Will this cause a problem with the yeast?

Can't see it causing a problem with the yeast, but if you reuse the cake or harvest the yeast you'll have the enzyme from the clarityferm in the next batches. Whether that's good or bad is your call, but it could affect your dosage rates.

Can't see it causing a problem with the yeast, but if you reuse the cake or harvest the yeast you'll have the enzyme from the clarityferm in the next batches. Whether that's good or bad is your call, but it could affect your dosage rates.
That's what I was thinking just wanted to be sure. Hoping someone had experience with it.

I don't think it will have any noticeable effect on the yeast. I don't think clarityferm hurts the yeast at all, it just helps stuff drop out. So the yeast cake might have more proteins and gunk in it then if you didn't use it, so there may be less cells per milliliter of cake, so use a bit extra and you should be fine. Unless you are actually doing cell counts, 're using yeast is just a guess anyway.

Probably be fine.

Back