Hop Crop 2019

Vesparados

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I checked the planters today. The Cascade seems to be ahead of the Chinook, Willamette and Styrian.
Cascade emerges all five year 2.jpg
Cascade emerges year 2.jpg
Chinook emgeres year 2.jpg

Nice! Mine are buried under snow right now but betting in the next week I'll have shoots. I'll be trying to do a lot more trimming this year...hopefully...

We had a late winter so still 18in. Of snow on them. I ain't shoveling it they will have to wait. I am tired of shoveling.

The Cascade seem to have slowed down in growth and the Chinook have come in with more leaves and hops already.

Last year was my first crop and I was pleased with the yield. This year it looks like the hop production is less than half of 2018. I changed watering from sprinkler to drip into the pots. I have more plants in each pot, maybe crowding was the issue? I cleared some trees in the back yard so next year I'll plant in the ground. How is everyone else doing with yield this season?

Last year was my first crop and I was pleased with the yield. This year it looks like the hop production is less than half of 2018. I changed watering from sprinkler to drip into the pots. I have more plants in each pot, maybe crowding was the issue? I cleared some trees in the back yard so next year I'll plant in the ground. How is everyone else doing with yield this season?
You won't have to be onto them watering so much neither. I was prepping my hop garden earlier this week and I found great finger sized roots meters from the plant! They sure like to branch out under ground.

I harvested my 4th year Centennials this past weekend. From 2 crowns I picked 3 1/2 pounds of wet cones, 2 pounds of which went into a wet hopped IPA, the rest was dried to give me 5 oz of hops for the freezer
20190901_191108.jpg
20190901_191054.jpg

I harvested my 4th year Centennials this past weekend. From 2 crowns I picked 3 1/2 pounds of wet cones, 2 pounds of which went into a wet hopped IPA, the rest was dried to give me 5 oz of hops for the freezerView attachment 7141 View attachment 7142
Awesome haul there Phil nothing more rewarding than using your own hops in a homebrewed beer! Congratulations a family bonding expierence too:D.

Heading up to a mates farm in the Gippsland hills to plant out four plants in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see them grow.

Awesome haul there Phil nothing more rewarding than using your own hops in a homebrewed beer! Congratulations a family bonding expierence too:D.
My 13 year old loves to harvest the hops, he has helped in every harvest and this year was asking when it would be time. My wife likes to help because she likes to drink the beer.

Back