Best Trends in Brewing

Loving the idea of the “Czech style faucets”. I know they’d look nice, just wonder how much maintenance is required.

I think the best trend is the quality and availability of both home brewing equipment and ingredients. When I started in the 80’s, the selection of each was pretty sparse.

Good equipment, ingredients, and information make it much easier to brew good beer, regardless of style.

Interesting read, respect the lager drinkers, but I am an IPA, NEIPA, Stout, Porter guy, thanks for posting Nosy

Thanks for posting. I have been only brewing just over a year and the trend for me is my next experiment. Like Craigerr, I am an IPA guy and an occasional brown aler!

I've been the bearded Lager prophet crying in the wilderness for quite some time.... Glad they're finally getting the respect they deserve! It'll be interesting to see what comes of them, what brewers do with them and how long it takes to push the style where only a few dudes with really good beards and bellies like them.

Lager IPA stout porter brown red and pale ale mmm me loves them all. Maybe I'm just an all round beer lover or maybe a beer hippie where no beer is rejected all beer is welcomed in this guzzlers belly!

REALLY jacked to see the return of the lager, and that those in the industry are excited about it. Was also slightly excited about the omission of the haze craze, I don't hate it, and some I enjoy, but I am just a traditionalist I suppose...

REALLY jacked to see the return of the lager, and that those in the industry are excited about it. Was also slightly excited about the omission of the haze craze, I don't hate it, and some I enjoy, but I am just a traditionalist I suppose...
I think the haze craze and the (fill in the blank) IPA craze just took things a bit too far. Good to see drinkable beers making a comeback.

I think the haze craze and the (fill in the blank) IPA craze just took things a bit too far. Good to see drinkable beers making a comeback.
I would agree. I will say- I am a fan of some. Really like "Mountain Standard" by Odell. It's hazy, but it's not full blown NEIPA thick.

A big positive I've seen from it is the concentration on late addition whirlpool hops and what they can do to impart flavor without bitter. I may be off base here, but i think the Haze Craze killed the bitterness arms race that was getting WAY out of hand too.

Now someone will try to take it in the opposite direction - anyone remember Miller Clear? We're already there with spiked selzers - basically very weak soft drinks with alcohol. And I (finally) had a good NEIPA last night. Or should I say the taster was good. I don't think I could overcome my bitterness aversion long enough to drink a 10-oz pour of the stuff.

I was listening to a podcast recently on making NEIPA and they were say people have become addicted to the really fresh overwhelming hop resinous pepery bite you get early on with large amounts of hops. here it tis
Amazing how one something that would seem overwhelming and offensive to some consumers is highly sort after from others.

Back