water profile recommendation for a ginger beer?

It depends on what your going for.
Do you want a crisp dry ginger beer with a bit of bite then go light coloured and bitter/hoppy.
If you want a more rounded beer with subdued bitterness and some malt go light coloured and malty.
Here's one I did recently bitterness was good not to sharp.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger

looking for a more crisp dry ginger beer. I made one a while ago that came out pretty good but I deleted my recipe. so I no longer have records of what I did for the water adjustments. so let me clarify the numbers in your Target Water Profile: Light colored and malty is what you ended up with?

looking for a more crisp dry ginger beer. I made one a while ago that came out pretty good but I deleted my recipe. so I no longer have records of what I did for the water adjustments. so let me clarify the numbers in your Target Water Profile: Light colored and malty is what you ended up with?
Exactly the water profile is the actuals in the recipie I linked 2:1 chloride to sulphate mashed high gave me a nice malty beer to balance the bitterness. Good luck let me know how you fair.
I'll be brewing this again as is in future.

Exactly the water profile is the actuals in the recipie I linked 2:1 chloride to sulphate mashed high gave me a nice malty beer to balance the bitterness. Good luck let me know how you fair.
I'll be brewing this again as is in future.
Cool I’m gonna plug yer numbers in and brew it tomorrow.

Great I recon you'll like it how much ginger you adding and when? What's your grist? What temp you gunna mash at and lastly what yeast you gunna use?
Just curious :)

I got the recipe from a video published by Amarillo home brewing supply. I made it last year and really liked it. ive scaled it up to 3 gallons and plan to add a bit more ginger in secondary. in fact i think this time i will just do it all in one stage. i finally had some luck dry hopping another recipe in primary only. here is the recipe ad the link. My wife loved it.

2 Gallon Batch:
2.5 lb pilsen
3 oz honey malt
2 oz caramel 20 malt
.25 oz Motueka Hop @ 30 min
1 oz fresh grated ginger @ 5 min
zest of one lime @ 5 min
zest of one lemon @ 5 min
1 oz fresh grated ginger @ 0 min
Juice of 1/2 lemon & 1/2 lime @ 0 min
1 oz fresh grated ginger in secondary fermenter (Can add more ginger if you want your ginger beer more on the spicy side)

Yep i see a little sweetness in there from the caramel malt it looks like a goer!

Back