New mill came today!

Charlie W

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, the old MaltMill just wasn't cutting it anymore. So much flour I could make bread. The Cereal killer arrived today and ran some GWM 2-row through it. What a difference. The husks were whole and the endosperm was broken into 2-3 pieces and very little flour. This was at the setting from the factory. Very happy to see that. Will be brewing this weekend, so we will see. I got a good feeling .
The Blueberry ale has been sitting in secondary for 8 days and the occasional bubble. Will check the SG and probably bottle this weekend.All the best, Charlie.

One of these days I should break down and get a mill. My lhbs mill does such a great job though, and it's nice leaving the mess there and not at home.
Congrats on your new equipment!

I'm yet to get a grain mill maybe one day my thermomix does a good job for now and at the price they come at coulda bought an automated electric brew system twice over lol.
Recon your sparge will drain just nicely and maybe a point or three in gravity. Congrats!

One of the best things about having your own mill is being able to buy grains in bulk. I like putting together recipes and grain bills on the fly.
I've got around 200 pounds of grain in my garage, so having the mill is damned handy.
That's the best part about owning a mill. The money you save buying bulk grain pays for the mill in a reasonably short amount of time.

The second good thing about bulk is you can brew multiple times with the same lot number, pH and extraction are almost unchanged between batches.

That's the best part about owning a mill. The money you save buying bulk grain pays for the mill in a reasonably short amount of time.

The second good thing about bulk is you can brew multiple times with the same lot number, pH and extraction are almost unchanged between batches.

I agree. Have a 55lb sack of GWM 2 row and few lbs of other grains. don't have to run to the LHBS when I need grain. Still have to get that sack of MO though. All the best, Charlie.

Back