Agave Nectar

Megary

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed in the "Fermentables" that Agave Nectar is showing a PPG of 52.5 and a color of 2L. The color seems fine (assuming light nectar), but the gravity seems high to me. Unfortunately, I can't find any definitive source to say one way or another.

I'm sure Brewer's Friend has some source for this value, but it's always been my understanding (or lack thereof) that 46PPG (table sugar) is the established maximum yield.

For those of you who have used Agave Nectar, what PPG do you use?

I noticed in the "Fermentables" that Agave Nectar is showing a PPG of 52.5 and a color of 2L. The color seems fine (assuming light nectar), but the gravity seems high to me. Unfortunately, I can't find any definitive source to say one way or another.

I'm sure Brewer's Friend has some source for this value, but it's always been my understanding (or lack thereof) that 46PPG (table sugar) is the established maximum yield.

For those of you who have used Agave Nectar, what PPG do you use?
25.5 sounds about right....:D It's not much different though than LME or honey in terms of sugar content and since I'd guess you're not putting in a high percentage, you can use either for approximation.

Back