Lime Zest isn't slaked lime

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
funny thing happening with the builder, I'm adding fresh Lime Zest to the boil, and the builder sees the word "Lime" and spikes my pH up to 8.72, not sure how to combat it.

funny thing happening with the builder, I'm adding fresh Lime Zest to the boil, and the builder sees the word "Lime" and spikes my pH up to 8.72, not sure how to combat it.

WHAT???? Can you show us a screenshot of where the water calc grabbed that from?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.08.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.08.22 AM.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 97
I have to go into the recipe to see the linked water calculator- which recipe is it?

Thank you! I'll use that for the ticket. I'll keep you posted, and I apologize for this huge error.

I've gone into the recipe (thanks) but can't find any error there. I see the screenshot, but can't tell where the problem was since it's all ok now. The mash pH is predicted to be 5.21, which seems about right for those additions.

I've gone into the recipe (thanks) but can't find any error there. I see the screenshot, but can't tell where the problem was since it's all ok now. The mash pH is predicted to be 5.21, which seems about right for those additions.
oops it's because I removed lime zest from the "Other Additions" and made it hop additions. I added it back, check again, pH jumped up to 8.72 again

oops it's because I removed lime zest from the "Other Additions" and made it hop additions. I added it back, check again, pH jumped up to 8.72 again

Ok, let me grab that screenshot, and all the rest, and then I'll have it and you can fix it again. I'm sorry about this- but I really need to get it right (well, wrong, but you know what I mean!) for the developers so it can be fixed properly. Thank you so much!

Back