Flowers to Cones

BilltownBrewingCo

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a novice when it comes to growing hops, but I have two first year bines that are flowering pretty heavy. One a cascade, the other a chinook. The chinook especially has flowered out big time. I brew when I go home to Iowa, but my plants are in my back yard in KC. I'm trying to time out about the time my flowers will have turned into cones. I am going home in 2 weeks to brew, any chance my cones will be ready?

Ultimate goal is to do a wet-hopped IPA.

Thanks all!

I think it depends on the weather where they grow. In VA people are harvesting now.

Hey all,

I'm a novice when it comes to growing hops, but I have two first year bines that are flowering pretty heavy. One a cascade, the other a chinook. The chinook especially has flowered out big time. I brew when I go home to Iowa, but my plants are in my back yard in KC. I'm trying to time out about the time my flowers will have turned into cones. I am going home in 2 weeks to brew, any chance my cones will be ready?

Ultimate goal is to do a wet-hopped IPA.

Thanks all!
I usually have some ready by labor day. Much farther north than KC though. At least 3 maybe 4 weeks from fuzzy flowers to ripe hop cones? Just guessing.

Back