Problems registerring gravity in Brew log

Jan-Erik Romoeren

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've always had problems registering gravity readings in the brew log. On some brew sessions it works fine, but on other not. E.g. Yesterday I brewed one beer, and I cannot register gravity. Today I brewed another, and the registration works just fine.

This is from yesterday, where the gravity readings aren't saved:
upload_2019-7-10_17-9-40.png

And this one from today, where everything worked as expected:
upload_2019-7-10_17-9-5.png

I've tried on different computers, with . (dot) or , (colon), Specific gravity, plaato, different browsers. I've tried to delete all entries, and re-add them. Nothing seem to work. Any help, or explanation why I'm experience this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-10_17-7-58.png
    upload_2019-7-10_17-7-58.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 163
This happened yesterday, but not today? Can you edit the log from yesterday now with the correct information?
We didn't change brew log features, so I need to dig into this.

Hello, and thanks for your reply.

This has happened lots of times. Yeah, it didn't work yesterday, but worked today. I might have done something strange with the recipe, I don't know. I have tried to edit the brew log from yesterday, but no luck. I also tried to delete all the log entries, and re-add them, but still no luck...

Hello, and thanks for your reply.

This has happened lots of times. Yeah, it didn't work yesterday, but worked today. I might have done something strange with the recipe, I don't know. I have tried to edit the brew log from yesterday, but no luck. I also tried to delete all the log entries, and re-add them, but still no luck...

Weird for sure. Can I have your permission to log in as you, and see if I can edit it? I'm sure I could as Admin, but I want to "be you" so to speak. If I can, can you give me the link to the correct log so I don't mess up your good one?

Hello again,

I'm still having this issues, and it's a bit annoying... Maybe it's because of some Cuture Info issues (even though I'm using ".", not comma)?

Hello again,

I'm still having this issues, and it's a bit annoying... Maybe it's because of some Cuture Info issues (even though I'm using ".", not comma)?

We can't reproduce this. I want to be sure I understand. I see that the brew log entries are mostly empty. Are you saying it won't let you type any numbers for the SG in there, but you can type dates and time?

Hello,

This is strange. I just woke up to this:

upload_2020-5-7_7-45-18.png

Updated two hours ago...??? At that time I was sleeping. As you can see, the PBG is now registerred, but not the others. I have no clue at all how that suddenly worked.

This is what I can register. Well, I do fill out Gravity as well, but it dissapairs:

upload_2020-5-7_7-46-57.png

We have the fix on beta now- if you want to check it out, the beta site is beta.brewersfriend.com If you log in, you should be able to see how it's working for you. I'll also be checking it out.
Thank you so much for your patience while we worked on this for you.

The brew dates ARE mixed in your brew session, and I'm sorry about that. The format of DD/MM/YY changed for some of our European users to the US MM/DD/YY, creating some odd dates. That is being worked on now, but if you could enter your dates again properly that should straighten out the -29 days in the brew log.

Hello,

Updated two hours ago...??? At that time I was sleeping. As you can see, the PBG is now registerred, but not the others. I have no clue at all how that suddenly worked.

View attachment 9955

It was one of us on the BF team logging in as your account to test the update, which is available on the beta site like Yooper said. Beta.brewersfriend.com, the update does look like it's working on your account. Since this was an isolated issue it's necessary to test on known affected users/recipes/sessions as we're unable to reproduce the issue in our accounts or recipes.

If you're able to log in and test on beta as well, we'll be able to release this update to the live site more quickly.

Back