Add Item to Shopping List from Inventory Screen

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a button in "my inventory" next to each item to add to "my shopping list".

Capture.JPG

What would you like to see it do, different from the “add inventory” button above? I think this is a cool idea, but would like to hear more of what you visualize?

Thanks Yooper
If I click on add inventory it is to add inventory that I have already purchased, doesn't add it to my shopping list. In creating an item in my shopping list I am starting from scratch, select fermentable, or hop, or whatever, then start typing the item description. To make a shopping list I have to back an forth from one screen to the other or write out a list. If I am writing out a list, there is now no point in creating a shopping list in the app. I envision a button beside each inventory item "add to shopping list" which then just asks me to enter a quantity, then confirm add to shopping list. Upon confirming add item to shopping list, I envision still being in the my inventory screen, where I can just click on the next item, and so on, bang, bang, bang, presto shopping list!

I hope I am explaining myself a bit better:D

"Add to my shopping list" is a little wordy. Maybe the button could be "BUY". Consider the arrow below to be my mouse pointer. I click on buy for crystal 60 and it takes me to shopping item dialogue box and just prompts for a quantity.
Once entering a quantity and clicking submit I envision ending back at the "My Inventory" screen where I can select the next item to add to my shopping list, and so on. Lather rinse repeat.

Buy Inventory.jpg

Shopping Item.JPG

So instead of populating your shopping list, and then 'convert to inventory", you'd like to do the reverse?
upload_2019-7-2_16-24-2.png

I'm not sure that is something others want- because inventory means you have it on hand, and to add it to the shopping list (and then buying it) would add it to the inventory then. Doing it the other way seems unituitive and confusing. (Is unintuitive a word?).
Or am I not understanding what you want?

Once returning from shopping there is the convert to inventory button which in one click adds the entire list to your inventory. So there is no additional work to do there. My vision is a quick few clicks to populate the shopping list from the inventory screen without having to flip back and forth between screens, and without having to select fermentable, or hop, or yeast for each item, and then type in the description to find each item.

Once returning from shopping there is the convert to inventory button which in one click adds the entire list to your inventory. So there is no additional work to do there. My vision is a quick few clicks to populate the shopping list from the inventory screen without having to flip back and forth between screens, and without having to select fermentable, or hop, or yeast for each item, and then type in the description to find each item.

Ok, now I get it. I guess I can see the convenience there. This is the first time I've been asked this, so I'm wondering how others thing and if it would be useful for them.

It isn't a must have, just thought I would suggest it. I do most everything on my phone, so going back and forth has been cumbersome. First world problem to be sure though:D

It isn't a must have, just thought I would suggest it. I do most everything on my phone, so going back and forth has been cumbersome. First world problem to be sure though:D

I'm taking it seriously- just trying to figure out how it would work with what we have before opening a ticket on it. Normally, people do the reverse and make their inventory from the shopping list so I'm just trying to think of all the ways it could impact the current software. We are definitely interested in all of your ideas and input!

Back