Texas Wine

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
At McPherson Cellars in Lubbock, Texas sampling some wine for a change. Nice place, worth a stop if you're in the area.

While it may not be the first place to find high-quality wine in Texas, many award-winning wineries consistently rank high in the United States.

I lived in Houston for awhile and must admit I enjoyed some of the local wines. Messina Hof in Bryan was decent but I think Llano was probably my favorite winery .....at least at the time.

While it may not be the first place to find high-quality wine in Texas, many award-winning wineries consistently rank high in the United States.
I found wines recommended by producers who hosted a worldwide tasting here. Messina Hof Winery, Bryan is my favorite place. There's a family winery, and I tasted the famous sweet red Messina Hof Beau there. Messina Hof still offers a solution on the go with their new canned wine, including a dry rosé made from 100 percent Texas grenache grapes.

My wife and I stopped In Fredericksburg, TX ( Hill Country) for a few days in February on our trip to SoCal. I guess you could call it a mini Napa, but much less expensive and more laid back. There are a lot of good wineries and restaurants and the downtown area is very walkable. We were surprised at the quality of the wines. It’s worth a visit if you’re in the general area. However, avoid the weekends. Being 1+ hours from Austin and San Antonio, it’s a popular weekend get away and wedding destination.

Back