Hello from Collie, Western Australia

MalW

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am a dead set newby having a crack at brewing by myself, I have made up a two pots system with a removable basket in the MT/ Kettle and a Herms coil in the HLT.
My first All Grain was yesterday and i had a go at the Goose Recipe and it was a bit of an eye opener, I was happy with the mash but things turned a bit ugly after the boil with hop debris blocking up the outlet, could not get a whirlpool happening
I have made the brewery myself and I can see I need another outlet a bit higher off the bottom.
Anyway this site has been great and helped me out a lot over the last 12 months getting everything together.
I have put a couple of pics up and will let you know in about 4 weeks how the brew turned out.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20190504_140850.jpg
    20190504_140850.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 20190505_114841.jpg
    20190505_114841.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 20190505_114859.jpg
    20190505_114859.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 20190331_162149.jpg
    20190331_162149.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 20190307_155752.jpg
    20190307_155752.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 310
Welcome!

Looks like a nice rig. Got some tweaking to do after her shakedown cruise.

Welcome to BF, looks like you are off to a great start!

Only Coal Mining town in WA for such mining wealth. Cheers Mal looks beautiful no expenses saved stainless frame- kettles does look like a nice bit of kit. For them bottom drains in your kettle you could use a 90 elbow but do the opposite to what most do and point it up or at 45 degrees depending on trub level at end of boil I'm sure that ll keep your wort running muck free.
What's that copper manifold thing in that last photo? Is that a chiller type thing?
Cheers happy brewing.

Cheers Trailben
Yeah Collie is a Coal Mining town but I work where we burn it, in the Power Stations.
No Expense Spared... Wrong on that one, did it all myself and saved where I could and coughed up where I needed to, its easy stuff as a TIG welder, a bit of materials is easy enough to come by, but the Pots and pull fittings, especially postage from the US hurt the most.
The copper thingery in the last photo is a counter flow chiller, i built it like that so i can clean the straight tubes with a Nylon 50 cal bore scrubber and a rifle cleaning rod, just need to clean the 180 degree bends in some line cleaner or Citric etc

Cheers Trailben
Yeah Collie is a Coal Mining town but I work where we burn it, in the Power Stations.
No Expense Spared... Wrong on that one, did it all myself and saved where I could and coughed up where I needed to, its easy stuff as a TIG welder, a bit of materials is easy enough to come by, but the Pots and pull fittings, especially postage from the US hurt the most.
The copper thingery in the last photo is a counter flow chiller, i built it like that so i can clean the straight tubes with a Nylon 50 cal bore scrubber and a rifle cleaning rod, just need to clean the 180 degree bends in some line cleaner or Citric etc
I camped near collie on that disused coal mine thats now a dam dont know if you know the place. I caught a feed of Marron out of it people at the campground recon nothing lives in this dam it's an old mine well proved them wrong:confused:.

Back