Show us your Canine Brewing Assistants

My daughter uses a collar like that on her staffy. After a while all you have to do is put it on her and she suddenly becomes completely compliant. It hasn't had batteries in it in a year. Her friends dad is a policeman and he has German shepherds and trains them for the canine unit. He showed her how to use the collar.

My head brewer is a slacker!
20190601_180553.jpg
20190601_180554.jpg

She's so dang cute though so I let it ride...

Her job is to play with the tug toy right?

What a cutie

Last edited:
She's a cute pup! how big will she get?

We went about 6month without a dog after our passed away, we have had Cooper for about 9months now. So he is learning the trade now.

Cooper1.jpg

Looks like a darned good brewing assistant.

The Shaggy BA (Brewing Assistant)

Oh yeah he looks like he knows what sweet wort tastes like.:D
Mine always turns up when the mash is done asking you got that preboil reading yet:p.

Lots of wonderful dogs you all have. As for me, two cats are my furry assistants (they politely declined having their pictures taken). Pets make us better people.

5 months old, the worst (only) counter surfer we’ve had. She’s a handful, but that face.
View attachment 9787
They sure do know how to lay around that's the one thing you don't need to teach em :p.

@Herm_brews
Nothing wrong with a feline brew assistant probably got less chance of a stray hair getting in your kettle. No matter how hard I try I'm always fishing them out my mash tun before doe in:mad:!

They sure do know how to lay around that's the one thing you don't need to teach em :p.

@Herm_brews
Nothing wrong with a feline brew assistant probably got less chance of a stray hair getting in your kettle. No matter how hard I try I'm always fishing them out my mash tun before doe in:mad:!
Oh no, cat hair is in every part of our home. It floats, it forms little rolling vortexes on the floor - it is everywhere.

Oh no, cat hair is in every part of our home. It floats, it forms little rolling vortexes on the floor - it is everywhere.
Ok hmmmm your suffering from pet hairitis better known as holiday pet hair e.g. (You go on holiday many miles from where You live and find a cat/dog hair attached with you on your clothing usually sock for the ride) just to remind you of them :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I sware one day I'll pour a pint of beer and find a stray hair in there:eek::p

Back