IPA: Wife likes it Citrus and jucy

I like your base. I'm a big fan of vienna in these type of beers.
I wouldn't recommend using ALL of those hops together. Not because it would be bad, but because I personally feel like 3 verities is enough to get a good complex hop character.

OHHHHH!!!! That's what you've got on hand... Get it! Sorry!

Cascade for bittering with Citra and Amarillo for late additions is how I would go. I have heard great things about azacca, but don't have experience with it.

Sorry, I don’t see a question.

I would use the Centennial for bittering, ditch the Cascade and Sterling and use the remainder (~12 oz) equally in hop stand or whirlpool and again as dry hops during active fermentation.

I also agree that centennial would be good to bitter with. Mainly just don't bitter with the Citra. Turns out catty

I like your base. I'm a big fan of vienna in these type of beers.
I wouldn't recommend using ALL of those hops together. Not because it would be bad, but because I personally feel like 3 verities is enough to get a good complex hop character.
Second that. One of the best brewers I know has the mantra, five grains, three hops, no more.

Ok, so lets narrow down the hops a bit, what about

either 25is IBU of Centennial or Amarillo at bittering

then
Amarillo / Azacca / Citra
At flameout, whirlpool at about 170, and dry hop (traditional not bio-trans)

to a total of approx 75 IBU

Tim

I wouldn't waste amarillo or centennial for bittering. Bravo would work well there in my experience.

You have 1 oz each at 5 min. And .5 oz each whirlpool. I might switch those. You'll have less ibu but more aroma. But 5 min vs whirlpool might not make a whole lot of difference.

Back