Hello, fellow Brewing Adventurers!

Jeff Summerlin

Premium Member
Reaction score
My name is Jeff, I have been brewing small batch for about 2 years. I wasn't a big beer drinker for most of my life because I thought it all was rather like the American lager staples. Not much taste or flavor. Then one day, quite by accident, I bought a craft brew from a smaller brewhouse. I cannot even remember what it was, but it opened a whole new experience for me. Shortly after that, I started experimenting with brewing, got a Brew Demon fermenter and I've never looked back.

I enjoy malt forward beers and have brewed about a dozen different brews in varying styles, progressing through extract brewing to all-grain which I now do using a Sous Vide probe for mashing and tend to use Brew In A Bag with a full volume mash. I just got started controlling my fermentation temps and I am planning the next brewday right now. I visit and comment often on some of the various Brewtubers channels, including NewToHomebrew Tom, Harrybrew69, Dudes Brew, David Heath, Dr Hans and Short Circuited Brews - look for comments from "jcinsaniac". Tom Watson was the greatest inspiration for me getting started - he always seemed to be having fun and making fun beers, so check out NewToHomebrew Tom on YouTube, he is building a whole new brewery now and is all electric which is very interesting to me.

I have added a few recipes that I hope to brew in the coming weeks. I have made a very nice Cream Ale. Coconut ShyPA, a Red Ale, Hefeweizen, English ESB, and some Scottish ales. I hope you all have as wonderful a brewing adventure as I.

Cheers!

My name is Jeff, I have been brewing small batch for about 2 years. I wasn't a big beer drinker for most of my life because I thought it all was rather like the American lager staples. Not much taste or flavor. Then one day, quite by accident, I bought a craft brew from a smaller brewhouse. I cannot even remember what it was, but it opened a whole new experience for me. Shortly after that, I started experimenting with brewing, got a Brew Demon fermenter and I've never looked back.

I enjoy malt forward beers and have brewed about a dozen different brews in varying styles, progressing through extract brewing to all-grain which I now do using a Sous Vide probe for mashing and tend to use Brew In A Bag with a full volume mash. I just got started controlling my fermentation temps and I am planning the next brewday right now. I visit and comment often on some of the various Brewtubers channels, including NewToHomebrew Tom, Harrybrew69, Dudes Brew, David Heath, Dr Hans and Short Circuited Brews - look for comments from "jcinsaniac". Tom Watson was the greatest inspiration for me getting started - he always seemed to be having fun and making fun beers, so check out NewToHomebrew Tom on YouTube, he is building a whole new brewery now and is all electric which is very interesting to me.

I have added a few recipes that I hope to brew in the coming weeks. I have made a very nice Cream Ale. Coconut ShyPA, a Red Ale, Hefeweizen, English ESB, and some Scottish ales. I hope you all have as wonderful a brewing adventure as I.

Cheers!
Thanks I'll check em out I'm digging Dr hans atm and David Heath he has a predictable English accent but is dead set on the money on his brewing knowledge in my humble opinion. The craft beer channel have some good tasting videos and brewery tours as well as up comming micro breweries to bad nothing in Oz:rolleyes:. A great Aussie blogger is Gash Slug I think it's one word but he had been my go too for certain brewology over the years especially DIY Brewology . Well hope you chime in on the forums. Cheers welcome.

Welcome to Brewers Friend!

Those are all great beers you have listed Jeff. Plenty of challenges getting them right. I’m impressed! Welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks I'll check em out I'm digging Dr hans atm and David Heath he has a predictable English accent but is dead set on the money on his brewing knowledge in my humble opinion. The craft beer channel have some good tasting videos and brewery tours as well as up comming micro breweries to bad nothing in Oz:rolleyes:. A great Aussie blogger is Gash Slug I think it's one word but he had been my go too for certain brewology over the years especially DIY Brewology . Well hope you chime in on the forums. Cheers welcome.
I follow Dr. Hans and Gash Slug - they are great. The guy that got me into brewing though was really Tom Watson (New To HomeBrew Tom) and his pal, Chris Harrison Hawkes (Harrybrew69). David Heath is a professional brewer as is Chris Hawkes. I am fortunate to be outside Atlanta, Georgia and have lots of great breweries for inspiration, Like Reformation, Wild Leap Brewing, Arches, Red Hare and New Realm. Cheers, bro!

Those are all great beers you have listed Jeff. Plenty of challenges getting them right. I’m impressed! Welcome to the forum. :)
Thanks - I'm still experimenting...and building a better brewing system. I recently posted some new recipes - feel free to critique, I'm learning as we go. The best beer I did recently was probably the Harrison's Brewery Vacant Gesture - I got the balance just right. I also an happy with the ESB Tribute beer I did earlier this year...even though it is an old man's beer, i still enjoy those on occasion.

Back