major blowoff still good?

weldedsord

Premium Member
Reaction score
blowoff.jpg
so I had a major blowoff lid on the floor I quickly re sanitized the lid and put it back on put I blowoff tube also rip my kombuchas but the point is fernetation is still active should I keep or through it away

View attachment 6102 so I had a major blowoff lid on the floor I quickly re sanitized the lid and put it back on put I blowoff tube also rip my kombuchas but the point is fernetation is still active should I keep or through it away
By all means man keep it! It's going to he just fine ride this wild fermentation till this yeast I'd done then dust ya chops off and be prepared for more in the future yeeeehaarrr!

too much blow off too soon can lose 1/2 your yeast and under attenuate, it's happened to me many times but there is no way to know how much loss is too much

It should be fine. Yeast is active and will push the O2 out. And there are plenty of yeast left to get the job done.

too much blow off too soon can lose 1/2 your yeast and under attenuate, it's happened to me many times but there is no way to know how much loss is too much
Agreed. Have had the same experience... under attenuation due to too much blow off.

Keep it! Next time think seriously about a blow off tube;).
Looks like the s vent plugged.

Let her buck, she'll be right.

Back