Bottle Conditioning with Sugar - An idea but maybe overkill

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just an idea for speeding up the "sugaring" of bottles prior to filling. I use mini Christmas Cup Cake trays filled with the appropriate amount of sugar and laid out in the same pattern as the bottles in the crates. This way I can keep track of the bottles I have filled as I go along - I ALWAYS lose track otherwise. It's probably an overkill but I find the mindless task is a bit more ordered.
upload_2019-5-16_12-34-29.png

You're making it way too hard! Get a bucket with a spigot. Make a simple syrup of your sugar, the total amount for the volume and temperature of beer and enough water to dissolve it, boil the syrup, rack the beer into the bucket, add the sugar, stir, and bottle from it. Much less effort than what you're doing....

There is them carbonation drops too a little more exy but time is money baby!

There is them carbonation drops too a little more exy but time is money baby!
The problem with them is the "recommended" dosage is 1 x 330ml bottle or 2 for 750ml bottle. I use 500ml bottles (pints) so cutting them up or over dosage is a problem....

The problem with them is the "recommended" dosage is 1 x 330ml bottle or 2 for 750ml bottle. I use 500ml bottles (pints) so cutting them up or over dosage is a problem....
Amen well For simple Noesybears method seems a goer. When I bottled I had them sugar scoops like a little spoon type thing on was larger than the other so one end for tallies 750 one end for stubbies 330-375ml bottles.

I think Trialben is onto something if you want to go bottle-by-bottle. Find some kind of a measuring spoon or scoop that's close to the size you need and use that.

Here that spoon it's still in my dextrose container that stuff is at least 3 years old Lol.
20190518_075003.jpg

See the little and big sizes.

+2 Nosy or like I tell my Brewster...KISS....Keep It Simple Sweetie!

I'm down for whatever method the brewer thinks actually works best for them and the situation they're in. We've all got our methods we think work best. I say do what works for you.
Truer words never spoken, my friend.

Back