Greetings from Belgium

pietergoris

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

My name is Pieter, 34 (almost), and live with my girlfriend and dog in Belgium.
Belgium is probably know for beers and we do house some of the largest brands in the world.
But in my opinion, in home brewing, we are running hopelessly behind on the world.
We don't see that many craft beers on the market here and most people stick to known brands, that's generally spoken of course.

Both me and my girlfriend are attracted by making beer, wine and cider and other fermented products because we like homemade things. We're not a big fan of large corporations taking over the world in other words.

We have made some ciders and beer before but stopped because I had some physical issues that didn't allow me to stand on my legs for a long time.
Now we want to pickup were we left off and start brewing again.

We created a name and label (logo) for our brewing and hope to create our own microbrewery at some point.

I subscribed to the forum specifically to get more information on brewing processes and equipment.
We are very interested in Speidels Braumeister concept because we believe it could give us constant results on a small scale. But we are very interested in hearing other opinions.
We now have an electric brewing kettle. Something without brand, 5 gallon. And plastic fermenting buckets but we are looking for better equipment to use. That's also one of the reasons we subscribed.

That's all for now folks.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Have a nice day and keep on brewing.

Best regards,
Pieter

PS: here's a view to our logo, hope you like it.

YEE-STEE-logo.jpg

Like the logo!
Not really a surprise that Belgium is lagging on the craft beer front. I took Germany quite a while to wake up too.
Necessity is the mother of invention, but with cheap and half-way decent beer around, necessity for craft beer for most people isn't high.

Welcome to Brewers Friend!

Cheers Pieter well you'll find out all you need when it comes to hombrewing here. I hope your passion for hombrewing continues to grow. Cheers

Welcome...
I started brewing my own, just because I can not get any Belgium blondes and tripels here :)

Welcome...
I started brewing my own, just because I can not get any Belgium blondes and tripels here :)

Wow seriously?
I can imagine you could use a couple beers in your climate.
I like the Belgian whites the most.
Don't hate me for it but me personally, I don't like high alcohol beers like tripels :D

Wow seriously?
Don't hate me for it but me personally, I don't like high alcohol beers like tripels :D
Me either... if I want that much alcohol, I can get that from the Wild Turkey 101 chaser :D

Welcome to the mad house Pieter.
I like the strong beers for gulping and the "Wild Turkey" for sipping.
As long as it has taste it's all great.
Cheers and good luck with the Micro Brewery.
I's such a pity we all can't taste each others brews... one day an International Convention of Home Brewers hosted in... Las Vegas? Now that would be a piss-up...

Wow seriously?
I've heard that before.... I don't like them either but I do like a good (real) Belgian brew! Welcome aboard and I'm sure we'll appreciate your perspectives (and pointers). BTW, I just opened the first of a really good Saison....

Wife and I hope to get to Belgium in the next year or so. I've lived in Germany in the Mosel valley but wasn't brewing way back then.

Wow seriously?

Luckily everyone is different :)
I am not fond of witbier, dubbels en quadruppels...

Good luck with the brewing plans.
Where abouts in Belgium are you?

Wow seriously?
I like the Whites as well and it's interesting to hear that someone in what we consider to be beer wonderland talking about not liking the ones that we go nuts over! I'm also a fan of sessionable Saisons - restrained fermentation character and lower alcohol. The big beers don't do much for me, either.

Did you mention where you are in Belgium?

Back