How are all your hops doing that you're growing?

Your plants do look nice and healthy! I agree with @Head First. Go ahead and pick em. A few do look just a bit past due, but that's not a big deal at all. Next year your plants will provide a lot more coverage from the heat and sun, and your berries will be more uniform and robust. I think they look really nice for the most part though. Get ready for beast made next year!

Your plants do look nice and healthy! I agree with @Head First. Go ahead and pick em. A few do look just a bit past due, but that's not a big deal at all. Next year your plants will provide a lot more coverage from the heat and sun, and your berries will be more uniform and robust. I think they look really nice for the most part though. Get ready for beast made next year!
Cheers for the heads up thunder. This is it's first year in ground I had it in a pot to start off with. Yes I expect an even bigger growth from it next year!

So I picked them hops today 390g wet all up got them drying on that rack I made yesterday eve with the fan under it on low sooooo hot and sweating humid today!
20190209_111514.jpg

You poor thing, hope the AC is working...
Hops look awesome!

Cheers I think my next batch will have all if not most of these bad boys in it!

Looks great! How do they smell?
Yeah bloody great I just wanna sit there and breath deep of the hoppy goodness. I must admit there is a vegetal type smell to them too maybe will decrease as they dry outm I threw a few in my kolsch I was drinking yesterday like you said they floated around on top for a few glasses couldn't really tell any big difference other than that vegetal thing going on...

I busted some of my rhizomes up a couple of weeks ago and will probably cut my plants way back this weekend. I really want to try and tame the bine forest infestation this year...or at least make an attempt.

Wow I just cut all my bines out this last weekend and threw a good blanket of chook house mulch on them. This gives me assurance it was the right time as yours are sprouting mine should be resting.

I busted some of my rhizomes up a couple of weeks ago and will probably cut my plants way back this weekend. I really want to try and tame the bine forest infestation this year...or at least make an attempt.
Good point! I need to be thinking ahead for next year or the Borg will invade the entire garden.

This is my first year growing so I have no idea what to expect.
I am growing in pots or will be as soon as I see signs of life. After I see that they are going, I will transplant them to some larger pots.
I really do not expect much this year, but I hope to have them established enough to get them going well next season.

I am growing Cascade and Crystal.

T

I am growing in pots or will be as soon as I see signs of life. After I see that they are going, I will transplant them to some larger pots.
I really do not expect much this year, but I hope to have them established enough to get them going well next season.

T

Keep them watered in some well draining soil, and fertilizer and they should do fine. I can't speak for the crystal, but cascade do well here. You will probably be pleasantly surprised at your 1st year pickins.

T
Like TW said, fertilize and water. If you can grow zucchini, you can grow hops. Honestly, stick a hop rhizome in the ground, spit on it, and you will have hops for life.:eek:

Back