Earth Day Brew Day

Herm brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey there brewers, I’m in the middle of my third ever brew day. My first was a kit, next was BIAB following a recipe I found online, and today’s is my own BIAB recipe using Brewers Friend. My beer will be an American Pale Ale using pale 2-row and crystal 30L, Chinook and Cascade hops, and Fermentis Safale US 05 yeast. This is a one gallon batch. My kitchen smells so good now, as my brew kettle is at a robust, rolling boil with the first two of three boil hop charges in the kettle.
While in process, I am enjoying a couple Hop Valley Alphadelic IPA’s, and random music from the iPod
Cheers

Sounds like a good way to spend Earth Day.

Brew day done, with wort in the fermenter, all gear cleaned and put away. I think I got good numbers, had a smooth, repeatable process, made no messes, and had fun. To top that off, my wife just had delivered for me the fourth edition of “How to Brew” by John Palmer.
Cheers

Lucky you. What else could be better on earth day than making something from agrictural products and water. :)

Fermentation began last night, and continues in a robust fashion tonight. I am glad to be using a blow off tube.
This is such an interesting process to observe. Science, that is what we are doing when we brew beer. We conduct an experiment, and we make observations about and from the process. Fascinating ........

Back