More reasons to home brew....

If you listen to the money grubbing class action lawyers, the environmentalists and the fear mongers in the media,

I think you are on to it there Bob! Lots of groups are out to bring down Monsanto and Bayer for everything from poisoning ground water, bee colony collapse to climate change. Studies like this put another arrow in their lawsuit quivers.

I see Deltamethrine in there one chemical used in Aus for pest control inside people's houses. Also Naphtelene that's in Mothballs and what marijuana smoke:eek::p! I'm surprised sucrose, fructose or dextrose ain't carcinogenic yet lol it cops a bad wrap from dieticians maybe not linked to cancer but other ways it can kill you. Everything in moderation I say!
I think you are on to it there Bob! Lots of groups are out to bring down Monsanto and Bayer for everything from poisoning ground water, bee colony collapse to climate change. Studies like this put another arrow in their lawsuit quivers.

Maybe before your time, but this was true about Dow Chemical after producing Napalm during the Viet Nam war.

How the hell do you delete a replay after starting it?

Monsanto is a pretty evil company, but glyphosate is the least reason to dislike them. I can't be bothered to get worked up about this, I've applied a lot of Round-Up in my life.

Monsanto is a pretty evil company, but glyphosate is the least reason to dislike them. I can't be bothered to get worked up about this, I've applied a lot of Round-Up in my life.
was it anything like this?
woodys-roundup__49507.1333942489.1280.1280.jpg

No - I'm fairly certain they are not that cute. . .

Unless you just include this guy

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Address all complaints to the Monsanto Corporation.

Would just like to use quotes from others as a response to this,

"I don't think this is the place to derail and get on a stump. " -Brew Mentor

"I'll sit this one out.
I do think it's time for admin or mods to post and sticky a clear Terms of Service for using the forums if they don't want to continue to sweep through and clean up the messes. " -Thunderwagn

"Second. Happy to discuss politics elsewhere but this is a beer forum. Let's keep it that way." - Nosybear

Or is this something you 3 only believe when you DONT agree with what is being said??
Although its alright for you to "get on stump" and spout ignorance about pesticides having no effect on environment?

Yeah, yeah - you guys downplay weed killer in barley. But wait till they start putting weed killer in your weed! Then you'll sing a different tune. Maybe a Led Zeppelin tune .. Or an Allman Brothers tune ..

Last edited:
But wait till they start putting weed killer in your weed!
How soon we forget... that our glorious govt already exposed pot smokers to a herbicide called Paraquat that was sprayed on pot fields in Mexico during the 70s and later in the US. That led to the development and use of glyphosate and 2,4-D.

Not real sure why I'm being quoted from months ago from entirely different threads, but ok?

Last edited:
Would just like to use quotes from others as a response to this,

"I don't think this is the place to derail and get on a stump. " -Brew Mentor

"I'll sit this one out.
I do think it's time for admin or mods to post and sticky a clear Terms of Service for using the forums if they don't want to continue to sweep through and clean up the messes. " -Thunderwagn

"Second. Happy to discuss politics elsewhere but this is a beer forum. Let's keep it that way." - Nosybear

Or is this something you 3 only believe when you DONT agree with what is being said??
Although its alright for you to "get on stump" and spout ignorance about pesticides having no effect on environment?
I didn't say anything about the environment. And glyphosate isn't a pesticide, it's an herbicide. I made no mention of that, merely that it's harmless in humans at the levels we're talking about. It's your call whether you want to try and source organic barley for your beer. Or not.

And let's make sure we understand the numbers and the magnitude of the amounts needed to present the risk. As the report stated....

"Assuming the greatest value reported, 51.4 ppb, is correct, a 125-pound adult would have to consume 308 gallons of wine per day, every day for life to reach the US Environmental Protection Agency's glyphosate exposure limit for humans. To put 308 gallons into context, that would be more than a bottle of wine every minute, for life, without sleeping."

Relax, don't worry and have a home brew.

And let's make sure we understand the numbers and the magnitude of the amounts needed to present the risk. As the report stated....

"Assuming the greatest value reported, 51.4 ppb, is correct, a 125-pound adult would have to consume 308 gallons of wine per day, every day for life to reach the US Environmental Protection Agency's glyphosate exposure limit for humans. To put 308 gallons into context, that would be more than a bottle of wine every minute, for life, without sleeping."

Relax, don't worry and have a home brew.
And the people said, amen.

There are always 2 sides or more to any story. While many of us conclude that roundup in the barley or grapes is not a big deal at this time, there are others who say that it is linked to cancer (as an exacerbater if nothing else). We should all read everything we can .. especially read from reliable sources. We read a lot about the best way to make fermented beverages - Why not read a lot about what might impact our ingredients?
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Glyphosate_and_Cancer.php

you ever look at high quality farmers’ fields and see how even and weed or grass free they look, that's because they treat the dirt with something and before 25 years ago many toxic chemicals were used, all seeping into the ground and eventually dropping into the water table round up or not it's been a problem for many years, ever heard the term aw don't worry, it puts hair on your chest. I would stay away from that farmer

Back