Show us your Canine Brewing Assistants

ChicoBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Yes - this is a shameless attempt at starting a new thread. This is dedicated to mans best friend. Post introductions, departures, memories and shenannegans.

My daughters Staffy Keela (Affectionately known as Kee Kee) . Saved from sure destruction she is the sweetest little thing you would ever want to scratch. A bit headstrong but that is one of her attributes. Loves to snuggle and hates being wet and cold. If she had wings squirrels soon become extinct. Won't go out to pee if its raining. Yes she's a pit bull princess. Climbing stairs is easy, going down stairs not so much. Her head is heavier than her butt.

WIN_20190226_20_15_52_Pro.jpg

Lance (Sir Lancelot) the smooth coat border collie. Lance is my dog. Loves catching Frisbees and herding cats. Doesn't mind being wet and cold. Will run forever. You should see him chase Killdeer. I take him to the field and he never gets tired of chasing them. Beats all dogs to the ball at the dog park. Very patient. Thinks Keela is his sister. Firmly believes that all toys are his personal property.

WIN_20190226_20_16_14_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
20190227_173915.jpg

Great thread Ideah Chico!

That there dog up there is our little bitch Brittany (I didn't name her) we've had her a little under a year now she's a Cavalier crossed with a collie. See that cavalier jowlie snout and beedy bulgy eyes but border collie markings and body the two put together = one defiant smart little bastard that I love to pieces she's got a strong will that dog but I take her training in between brew day every Saturday i risk a long mash for a trained dog fair trade I say!

She's a rescue dog my wife saved her from the pound and eventual death she may look all cute and cuddlie but this dog must have a checkered past she wants to bite every dog she sees and barks and Carrys on and is an embarrassment out on the waking trail. She's even tried to bite the odd passer by human so we're knee deep in training every day to try and help her out.

I actually joined brewers friend forum a few years back after our other dog died Tilly RIP old bitch ha ha she was a grand old Dog an Australian Red Healer (cattle dog) a faithfully tough working dog breed. I spent some good years travelling round Aus with that dog we went everywhere together up crock infested rivers through country inhabited by her distant relative the Dingo. I loved once seeing her interaction with a Dingo we saw on the other side of the bank fishing up in the Gulf they both just paused and eyed each other off silently then the dingo turned and walked back into the bush.
Yep good value the Canine you know they even help you live longer. I need a beer after all that :)

Claraboo is the impetus for my brewery name. She's a Ridgeback Staffordshire cross we got as a rescue. A complete suck.
XoVTO4f.jpg

She's not a big fan of winter.
cusZ4UE.jpg

My wife however does love dressing her up.

Haha. She's a good lookin pooch for sure.

Claraboo is the impetus for my brewery name. She's a Ridgeback Staffordshire cross we got as a rescue. A complete suck.
XoVTO4f.jpg

She's not a big fan of winter.
cusZ4UE.jpg

My wife however does love dressing her up.
Look at those big brown eyes. Like big pools of doggy love.

My old boy Tot (I didn't name him either).
I got him when he was about 5 years from a family that moved to the UK
And Sherlock (currently better known as little shit Sherlock). He's 6 months old now.
And me.....
View attachment 5339
Nice little family unit. They like beer? My dog don't...:) but me Chooks do:D!

Haven't given them any beer yet.....
I think I need to look at getting chickens...
Not for drinking beer, but for them to eat the discarded malt
Just hope I can get my Jack Russels not to chase them ....

Some great lookin pooches!
Here's our new baby girl. Her name is Charlee and she's right at 13 weeks old. She is a firecracker! We call her our furry little land shark. Smart as hell, super sweet, and stubborn as sh*t! Just like a puppy!
20190222_174621-1024x1365.jpg
20190210_174116-1024x1365.jpg
20190216_085242-1024x1365.jpg

My old boy Tot (I didn't name him either).
I got him when he was about 5 years from a family that moved to the UK
And Sherlock (currently better known as little shit Sherlock). He's 6 months old now.
And me.....
View attachment 5339
Two great companions on a pretty day. Doesn't get much better than that

I'm imagining what a yard full of liquered up chickens is like:rolleyes:
Its weird they don't really display drunkenness like staggering about the yard or just snoozing under a tree or not being able to get back on the pearch at night. I just mix a bit of beer into some oats for them for a treat. I tried milk but found they prefer beer!
Yeah they have a little drink shake their heads like what the heck then go back for more maybe that's cruel but I recon they love it. And it doesn't matter if it's unfermented waste or the good stuff.

Haven't given them any beer yet.....
I think I need to look at getting chickens...
Not for drinking beer, but for them to eat the discarded malt
Just hope I can get my Jack Russels not to chase them ....
Yeah they love the spent grains for sure! Yeah you'll have to keep them penned but think I'm lucky our dog doesn't like them but let's them share her space if we let them out. Awhile back she was digging into the chook pen to steal their seed so missus tied her up in there for the arvo to teach her not to and the bloody Chooks attacked her just clawing at her head frantically like they wanted blood so that backfired we had to remove her poor girl. Chooks can get feisty when they want too just look at the Cock Fighting brutal stuff!

Back