Unique center hole Brewkettle desing

jacksonbirkin

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello brewers, recently some guys call me to work with them in a new beer proyect that they have been in standby for different reazons, that chinesse brew house has desing that i havent seen before, work with a impeller for whrilpool procces and a unique bottom center hole, can you help me please, i don't know how remove they trub, to be able to cool the wort correctly.

Hello brewers, recently some guys call me to work with them in a new beer proyect that they have been in standby for different reazons, that chinesse brew house has desing that i havent seen before, work with a impeller for whrilpool procces and a unique bottom center hole, can you help me please, i don't know how remove they trub, to be able to cool the wort correctly.
I'm not sure how it goes / hectoliter bit at Hombrew Scale Trub doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the final product. Can you not rack off the top of this trub layer to fermentation tank/vassal.
So you mean the brew kettle drains from the centre in bottom of kettle well that will drop everything. You need a racking arm or draw off the side of the kettle above the trub layer. A design fault if drops from bottom.

My Only other option bag the hop additions so they arnt transfered with trub and call it done.

I've worked with a three-barrel rig. The center hole idea is interesting, I'd have to see the design. I can see a few problems, particularly if it's a direct-fired kettle. You'd have to have a heat-proof valve, it would project below the profile of the kettle unless there were some kind of legs. And the trub cone from a whirlpool isn't that pronounced, even in big systems. You'd have trouble getting much trub out without taking a lot of wort with it. Not saying it couldn't work but there are some significant design problems to overcome. Easier to have a dip tube and a side valve.

I think your going to need a screen for the boil kettle, I have a bottom drain mash tun and I use a screen on it as well I actually have a stainless sink drain screen and it works

I've worked with a three-barrel rig. The center hole idea is interesting, I'd have to see the design. I can see a few problems, particularly if it's a direct-fired kettle. You'd have to have a heat-proof valve, it would project below the profile of the kettle unless there were some kind of legs. And the trub cone from a whirlpool isn't that pronounced, even in big systems. You'd have trouble getting much trub out without taking a lot of wort with it. Not saying it couldn't work but there are some significant design problems to overcome. Easier to have a dip tube and a side valve.
Thanks for your input.

Back