Second place!

FedoraDave

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have a special place in my heart for the Homebrew Alley competition. It's somewhat local for me, it's the first competition I ever entered (Homebrew Alley VII), and it's where I won my first ribbon (also Homebrew Alley VII). Last night was the judging for Homebrew Alley XIII, and I had entered my Old Smokey Amber Ale. I got second place in the category, which is the second podium spot for this recipe. I guess it's a pretty good beer.

https://www.homebrewalley.com

ATTABOY Dave! What's the "Smokey" in it or are you a retired firefighter??;)

Well done, congratulations!

Actually, it's my third podium spot. First time I've been second, though. So I've got two bronze and a silver. Still looking for the gold.
Watch out, competing can become very addictive.....and fun!

Actually, it's my third podium spot. First time I've been second, though. So I've got two bronze and a silver. Still looking for the gold.

If you do it right like I did you'll win it with a Brulosophy short'n'shoddy recipe that will get 19 points at a different competition.

If you do it right like I did you'll win it with a Brulosophy short'n'shoddy recipe that will get 19 points at a different competition.
Yep. Gold. Gold. 24. Same beer all three times.

Watch out, competing can become very addictive.....and fun!
Yeah, it's not my first rodeo. I got spoiled when I entered my first one (Homebrew Alley VII). I took third place with an Amber lager, and I thought, "Hey, this is easy!" LOL

So I've got a special place in my heart for Homebrew Alley. And there are a couple of other fairly local ones that I'll enter. This particular recipe also won third place in a competition in October.
ribbons.jpg

Back