Yeast selecting

Yeasty Boy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Please bring back the 'Inventory Filter' button for yeasts as well as the Brand drop down menu to narrow down by brand as you had it before. I like to be able to select specifically Wyeast (or other) then choose from within the brand.

Also Wyeast French Saison has an attenuation of 40%. Not 80% where it should be

I will put in a ticket to be able to choose the brand and then the yeast. Good suggestion!

I looked at Wyeast French Saison yeast, and I see an attenuation of 81%. Where do you see 40%?

yeast.png

Thanks.

It absolutely said 40% the othe day. When I just checked my recipes now it had Fr. Sai as 80% then I picked a different yeast and then back to Fr. Sai and it was 81%.
Anyhow, its all back to normal.

Thank you

Yooper, the yeast selection process already works as described, select the manufacturer and the strain list is filtered to only the manufacturer's yeast.

Yooper, the yeast selection process already works as described, select the manufacturer and the strain list is filtered to only the manufacturer's yeast.
As you can see in Yoopers screenshot, there is no brand selection. The option was there in the previous months, then removed and is now likely BACK on there.

I just went into edit my recipes and there is no brand selection drop down. I only have one drop down with all yeasts in one menu. I don’t see what you are seeing Nosybear....

You're right - that's a change since the last time I worked with a recipe (and I did notice that the last recipe I printed, the yeast had been dropped). So yes, please, bring the manufacturer filter back! And while we're at it, the old print layout did not need the improvement made to it, can we revert it as well?

While we're on the yeast type population, any chance of getting custom yeasts back? The lacto source I use is local enought that I don't think it needs to be on the catalog, but I'd like to add it to my recipes.

I'm with Mark Farrall... I've been getting into harvesting wild yeast, and being able to have that as a selection would be much appreciated. Right now I use the notes which isn't the most appropriate.

I had suggested - elsewhere it seems and probably ignored - that we all have a possibility of using unique yeasts that should be selected from OUR own inventory and not have everyone's yeast selection in one big central list. The core list should be the internationally accepted and available standard yeasts such as Mangrove Jack's or Fermentis etc. Adding everyone's yeasts to the main list only clutters it. Well that's my idea anyway.

Last edited:
I had suggested - elsewhere it seems and probably ignored - that we all have a possibility of using unique yeasts that should be selected from OUR own inventory and not have everyone's yeast selection in one big central list. The core list should be the internationally accepted and available standard yeasts such as Mangrove Jack's or Fermentis etc. Adding everyone's yeasts to the main list only clutters it. Well that's my idea anyway.
Agree.

Back