Please Reset the Print Format

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The new print format leaves a lot of extra space between ingredients, pushing the recipes over into two pages. It has no advantage over the older format that would generally print on one page. Can you reset the spacing between the lines to the old values so that the recipes will, mostly, print on one side of one page?

THX!

Yes please. I understood this was already fixed?

Yes, please re-instate the previous spacing, this new format is too large. Or give us the option to select it.

Thank you.

sorry guys that was my idea, I got tired of putting on my reading glasses just to read my brew sheet, but you can select print to 1 sheet, I think we can make it easier to read without going to 2 pages just a little redesign

I like the older smaller format as well but can see the need for providing more space/larger font for some folks. Some sizing option for the print view would solve for all.

I like the older smaller format as well but can see the need for providing more space/larger font for some folks. Some sizing option for the print view would solve for all.

Yes, I think that would be the best way to fix this (in my humble and not-important opinion :) )

We'll discuss a bit, but should have it reverted or at least editable very soon (maybe tomorrow).

Hey, I'm one of those "older folks." My glasses work, the print format does not.

Since these pics were removed in improper thread, I am assuming, I thought I would post them here so other users would fully understand what we are talking about. I realize this is being discussed, thank you for that.
Before change and after unesseceary change. IMO
20190120_083432_resized.jpg
20190120_083513_resized.jpg

We tightened up the spacing, however it still depends on the number of ingredients and unchecking those top options for summary, etc. Anyway, hope it's better now. You can also adjust margins in your print options to help.

We tightened up the spacing, however it still depends on the number of ingredients and unchecking those top options for summary, etc. Anyway, hope it's better now. You can also adjust margins in your print options to help.
For it to work you would have to eliminate the double spacing between grains, hops etc. Adjusting print margins helps and the pic beside the stats to me even looks better besides saving space. Thanks for all your efforts. It is appreciated.

I think one thing that would help is to take out half that yeast information, you can reduce it down to one line with just the info needed for a recipe, half of that yeast is meaningless to a recipe

I think one thing that would help is to take out half that yeast information, you can reduce it down to one line with just the info needed for a recipe, half of that yeast is meaningless to a recipe
Again.... I think there’s a nice option that may be being missed. Simply give the brewer the option for how much detail they want for each brew (Standard/Enhanced). That way you’ll hit a larger market. As you can see by the forum messages, there’s a lot of unhappy people, and no doubt there’s a lot of happy people as well. You’ll never make everyone happy, but at least you can give options. Not to beat up a dead horse, but there’s several features that I simply don’t/won’t use, and there are features I really like, but have to find a workaround to do it.

There's no way to remove 'batch performance' from the print version of recipes previously brewed. There used to be a check box to turn it off.

^^^^Please fix this.

Okay, looks like the extra space is gone but the paper format defaulted to A3! I'll try again.... No, it wasn't my printer, that's an A3 layout I see (narrower but longer than US letter paper).

When I print an existing recipe I get two hop sections; “Hops” and “Hop Summary.” Don’t see a need for the latter.

When I print an existing recipe I get two hop sections; “Hops” and “Hop Summary.” Don’t see a need for the latter.
I believe that you can deselect that when printing, try unchecking the hops box at the top

Back