We've fixed some issues..............

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
We have done thorough testing, and everything seems in order. If you have any issues, or anything at all that is not seemingly correct with the software, please feel free to send me a message.

Thank you for all of your support and patience. We're so happy to have you as members of the Brewer's Friend family.

When was the Windows App beta released? I just found it today and am actively exercising it.

When was the Windows App beta released? I just found it today and am actively exercising it.

A long time ago- and we stopped having it available a while ago so I'm surprised you were able to find it! If you're using it and it works, that's great to hear. We don't currently offer it.

@Yooper Things are looking very good again. The recipe editor is enjoyable to use once more.

Thanks to you and your elves for all the hard work.

Will message you about a bug thats niggling me...

What happened to the IBU calculator? Since this change its totally off the wall. Think its grabbing IBU from whirlpool like it was in the boil?

What happened to the IBU calculator? Since this change its totally off the wall. Think its grabbing IBU from whirlpool like it was in the boil?

Mine has been working- did the 'hops utilization' in yours change? My whirlpool hops are set at 10% for hotter whirlpools, but when I whirlpool at 175, I changed that to 3% for my system.

Mine has been working- did the 'hops utilization' in yours change? My whirlpool hops are set at 10% for hotter whirlpools, but when I whirlpool at 175, I changed that to 3% for my system.

My apologies Yooper, I was wrong thinking my IBU's were goofy now. I was playing with a new recipe after a couple of pints and 3 very long days at work, grumbling to myself about all these damn new changes (to something that wasn't broke) and didn't realize I had left a hop addition at 30 when playing with only the 60 addition. I do appreciate your suggestion of changing whirlpool utilization as I usually WP at 180 and did have it set to 10%. Realizing IBU's aren't really an accurate measure and I don't brew to the "n"th degree in details but I do like to get it close if I can and knew this recipe wasn't a 100+ IBU IPA. My bad.

A long time ago- and we stopped having it available a while ago so I'm surprised you were able to find it! If you're using it and it works, that's great to hear. We don't currently offer it.

I just found it today as well. It's in the menu under Tools > Windows App. I can see it is not nearly as up to date as the site is, since there are NO liquid malt extracts in it. I will see if I can export some of my recipes and import them. Although since you stopped working on it, it may be a moot point..

UPDATE. Never mind. No import function in the Windows App. Come to think of it, no import in BeerSmith 3 either.. Hmmm. I need to get my programming skills de-rusted and see if I can fix that. LOL

Last edited:
Lol, it's not that hard to find, I've tried recently and it's really old and pretty obsolete :) It's in the Tools --- > Windows App.

Back