Recipe editor Yeast getting deleted

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
The yeast section in the recipe editor has been weird since the update.

Choose a yeast, but you have to enter a number in Amount: ___, or else when you save the recipe the yeast just disappears from the recipe, and has to be rechosen.

I'm getting a yeast bug too. I have the same issue as oliver with wyeast London Ale III, also the parameters for this yeast don't update i.e.Optimum Temp, Flocculation, Avg. Attenuation and Alcohol Tolerance. The two yeast either side... London Ale 1028 and London ESB Ale 1968 seem to update the parameters ok. Or the parameters for London Ale III are wrong.

Ok I tried again... This time putting a 1 in the amount. It saved the yeast this time. Although the recipe editor showed the wrong parameters for London Ale III, the right parameters were shown in the View Recipe page.

This should be completely fixed now- please let me know if there are any other issues.

This should be completely fixed now- please let me know if there are any other issues.
just checked, still gotta enter a number under the amount for yeast for it to stay, otherwise it disappears after saving and clicking View. I'm fine if I have to enter an amount there, but I won't remember unless the editor gives me an error message when trying to save, similar to not entering a hop amount or fermentable amount.

I have a suggestion... If this amount field is left blank by a user, perhaps the recipe editor should assume 1. i.e.Put a 1 when saving, if left blank.

Also, I'm not sure what the amount stands for, seems ambiguous to me.

I have a suggestion... If this amount field is left blank by a user, perhaps the recipe editor should assume 1. i.e.Put a 1 when saving, if left blank.

Yes, the default is set to be 1. I think it will be released soon (it's in the beta testing now with some of the other updates).

in case you need to double or triple pitch, 10 gallon batch or lager, or something. how many vials/tubes/pouches/packs you're pitching,

in case you need to double or triple pitch, 10 gallon batch or lager, or something. how many vials/tubes/pouches/packs you're pitching,
The unit of measure there is "each". Whether a vial, smack pack, sachet of dry yeast, it's 1. The key for the calculator is the number of cells in the container. The calculator makes assumptions of how many cells you start with, the effects of time on them and what your starter might do. It's an approximation but good enough for homebrew.

Back