Fertmentasaurus 2 or Malt Mechanics fermenter

Brewer #99074

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm after a new conical fermenter, however much i would love a stainless steel conical my budget won't allow it. I've been looking at either the new fertmentasarus 2 (when it finally gets released) or the malt mechanics 30l fermenter.
I would like to be able to harvest yeast and do pressure transfers

Any input to help me decide would be appreciated.

I'm after a new conical fermenter, however much i would love a stainless steel conical my budget won't allow it. I've been looking at either the new fertmentasarus 2 (when it finally gets released) or the malt mechanics 30l fermenter.
I would like to be able to harvest yeast and do pressure transfers

Any input to help me decide would be appreciated.
Just a thought: Will a stainless steel fermentor make your beer any better? I don't use them, plastic works just fine. Granted, it doesn't look as cool but at my age, looking cool is at least three decades ago.

Just a thought: Will a stainless steel fermentor make your beer any better? I don't use them, plastic works just fine. Granted, it doesn't look as cool but at my age, looking cool is at least three decades ago.

There is a “cool factor” aspect for sure, but I bought my stainless fermenter (BrewBucket) as I already broke a glass carboy and got a nice cut from it, and the plastic ones don’t let you know til after the fact that it now contains scratches that nasties have taken up residence. The stainless is a breeze to use and clean. Far easier to clean than the glass carboy and a lot safer.

As far as a true conical, after watching a few videos.... too many parts to clean.

I got them primarily because they looked cool and I couldn't think of a better thing to upgrade at the time. I expect they'll last forever.

I don't think stainless would produce a better beer. I'm happy with plastic and will take care whilst cleaning it. I would prefer the bling of stainless but can't justify the cost difference.

I don't think stainless would produce a better beer. I'm happy with plastic and will take care whilst cleaning it. I would prefer the bling of stainless but can't justify the cost difference.
That's my thought.

Just my 2 cents… Like most things in life, one can go cheap and replace it often, or one can spend the money up front and get a lifetime of use from something. Doesn't matter if its a lawnmower or a brewing item sometimes a lil extra up-front pays for itself down the road.

Back