Recipe Sharing Issue

DrPaulsen

Trial Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues sharing recipes? For the last couple of months I haven't been able to share a recipe. I follow the normal steps and it always says "permission error" when I share via URL. Sometimes the sharing settings will be retained after I save the recipe while other times they will reset back to a default value. In neither case does the sharing actually work, though. I just updated the sharing settings for the recipe below. The dialog box indicates sharing should work, but it doesn't.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/628274/disc-golf-beer-v2

upload_2019-1-2_10-48-0.png

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

It appears to be in edit mode, try saving and switching to view mode and then copy and paste the URL.

It has to be in edit mode to modify the sharing settings, which I needed to do to take a screen shot. I saved the file, switched to view mode, and the sharing settings are not correct. I can obviously access it from my own account, but anyone with the URL should be able to access it. Instead, it throws a "permission error". When I go back into edit mode on the recipe, it tells me the recipe isn't shared. For some reason it isn't saving the sharing settings correctly.

upload_2019-1-2_12-18-38.png

I've put in a ticket for this issue- thank you for reporting it. I'll keep you posted!

Hi @DrPaulsen that's definitely odd. Do you see any javascript errors in your browser when you're attempting to save the sharing settings? Can you try completely closing your browser, and then opening back up and trying again? Also, what browser are you using? Thanks for your patience on this - I just verified I was able to change those settings in Chrome, so I'm sure we can figure out what's getting in your way.

Hi Josh - thanks for looking into it. I'm not receiving any Javascript errors and am using the most recent version of Chrome. Looking into it further, I'm unable to change Sharing settings in either direction. That is, recipes I've shared previously I cannot convert to Private. I can change the settings in the dialog box and it will indicate that the Sharing settings are saved, but they don't really stick. If I cilck "view" then "edit", the Sharing settings have reverted to their original state. Same thing happens if I close the tab & re-open it in editing mode. Whatever Sharing state my recipes are in right now they seem to be functionally locked.

you need to use the slider button on the recipe page not the drop down old version, to find the link after sharing you just need to be in the view page and copy the url

you need to use the slider button on the recipe page not the drop down old version, to find the link after sharing you just need to be in the view page and copy the url

Aaaaahhhhhh, I get it now! Thanks guys. That was probably in an update that I just glossed over in the past few months. This is way easier than the old way of doing it. Everything is working perfectly now.

upload_2019-1-3_13-43-34.png

Back