Importing Recipes from Beersmith (and Brewtoad!) to Brewer's Friend

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.brewersfriend.com/2018/12/19/migrating-your-recipes-from-beersmith-to-brewers-friend/

The screenshots show Beersmith specifically, but you can import ANY *.xml files as well. Beersmith files are *.bsmx format, but can be converted to *xml as well. Brewtoad uses the popular *.xml format, so it's the same procedure.

If you have a brewing friend who has their recipes on Brewtoad and are looking for a new place for cloud storage, please let them know about how easy it is to import those recipes directly into Brewer's Friend.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if the instructions aren't clear. Feel free to post any criticism here if you think I didn't explain it well. Thank you!

I'll play with again, last time I tried moving between beersmith and BF it didn't handle water chemistry very gracefully, but that was 6 months ago or so.

I'll play with again, last time I tried moving between beersmith and BF it didn't handle water chemistry very gracefully, but that was 6 months ago or so.

It worked well for me- BUT, I didn't use the water chemistry tool much at all in Beersmith as the mash pH wasn't predicted well for me, so I didn't have any issues with it.

I was grabbing recipes off Brulosophy if I remember correctly and trying to import them.

Back