add Candi Syrup D-240

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can the 240 Syrup be added to the ingredient list?

I added it as a custom fermentable, but for whatever reason the advanced water calculator section linked to the recipe keeps adding it back to the grist in two lines no matter how many times I delete it.

It shows my grist, then a blank line, and then Candi Syrup D-240 on two separate lines listed as base malt and Lovibond 240, which is causing the calculator to show my mash pH hilariously low.

edit:

could we make the Recipe Calculator for all grain similar to Extract?

meaning, enter grains in the first section as fermentables, and have a second section to add adjuncts sugars; eg. Candi sugar/syrup, rice hulls, starter extract, lactose, etc.

the extra fermentables still would affect gravity, but not mash pH, and not percentages on grains being mashed. Because also, it shows Candi syrup, lactose, rice hulls, and my starter DME amount all as percentages in my recipe, which is only half true.

There is a box to check "late addition" to the best of my knowledge this will exclude it from the mash pH formula

There is a box to check "late addition" to the best of my knowledge this will exclude it from the mash pH formula
it is indeed checked, still shows up twice in the calculator.

Yes, we'll add it and definitely have to fix this.

We have several people who add things late, even into fermentation, and we will need to add a box for that, like "add to secondary" or "after mash", etc, so that it doesn't impact the OG if it's added after fermentation begins or affecting the mash pH. We are working on that.

Yes, we'll add it and definitely have to fix this.

We have several people who add things late, even into fermentation, and we will need to add a box for that, like "add to secondary" or "after mash", etc, so that it doesn't impact the OG if it's added after fermentation begins or affecting the mash pH. We are working on that.
For those of us who add sugars to the fermentor, that would be some seriously useful goodness!

Back to the OP's original request about adding the D-240. I brewed a black IPA today which called for the D-275, but the LHBS didn't have it, so I ended up using the 240.

Back to the OP's original request about adding the D-240. I brewed a black IPA today which called for the D-275, but the LHBS didn't have it, so I ended up using the 240.
I don't even know if the 275 exists in the syrup form. it does in the rock sugar, but the syrup is so much more convenient to use.

Back