Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Nosy, and happy Thanksgiving to you too. And everyone else here. Be safe and don't eat too much turkey. Remember to save room for beer!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! My buddies and I are enjoying our annual excuse to blow off work for the afternoon, watch some football, and enjoy a pint!

Happy Thanksgiving! It's been a great day. I got up and ran a 5k with one of my sons. I shaved 3 minutes off my time compared to last year. Not bad for over 50! Then on to eat some delicious food, pie, and beer with family.

Last edited:
Unless something is chasing me I don't see me running 5k in one go any time. I'm impressed.

Unless something is chasing me I don't see me running 5k in one go any time. I'm impressed.
Yep 5ks (hey isn't it miles in US) I'd be needing a HB after that and a couple a day's off work!

Yep 5ks (hey isn't it miles in US) I'd be needing a HB after that and a couple a day's off work!
Hawkbox is in the great white north, we use k's up here. Either way, if I were to get up and for 5k, I would take the car:rolleyes:

Come on, guys! I could train my old butt up to a 5k in a month! Wouldn't guarantee the finish time but three miles isn't really much to run.

As long as there's a beer at the end....

Haha. Every year I'm more happy to cross the finish line without something internal either exploding or collapsing! And beer is a good motivator! :D

I probably could run, I choose not to if I can help it.

Hockey is my thing.

I probably could run, I choose not to if I can help it.

Hockey is my thing.

Ha. You're much smarter than I am. I don't like running at all. I'm a lifter, but one of my son's loves to run so it's more of a bonding thing.

That makes sense. My wife did marathons when we met but now we do hikes and snowshoeing. I also tore my MCL and broke a finger playing hockey this year so I might be dumb.

That makes sense. My wife did marathons when we met but now we do hikes and snowshoeing. I also tore my MCL and broke a finger playing hockey this year so I might be dumb.
MCL is a ligument in the knee? If so ouch! I hate knee injuries and feel for those poor poor bastards that get knee surgery!

MCL is a ligument in the knee? If so ouch! I hate knee injuries and feel for those poor poor bastards that get knee surgery!
I'm one of those poor bastards - blew an ACL skiing quite a few years ago. Can't say it's good as new but I can shred the hill and walk down stairs without pain so I suppose it worked. Now I hear that the recommended treatment for an ACL injury is therapy, no surgery. Might work...

I'm one of those poor bastards - blew an ACL skiing quite a few years ago. Can't say it's good as new but I can shred the hill and walk down stairs without pain so I suppose it worked. Now I hear that the recommended treatment for an ACL injury is therapy, no surgery. Might work...
Depends on the extent of the injury. When you completely blow ACL, tear MCL, PCL, and medial and lateral meniscus. Ya gots nothin left to hold the knee from flopping all around! I had no choice after dumping my cycle and popping my knee back in the opposite direction.

It's the inside ligament as I understand it. Luckily I didn't need surgery. The ACL usually requires surgery.

ACL is Anterior which is the front
MCL is Medial which is the inside
LCL is Lateral which is the outside
PCL is Posterior, or the rear of the knee

Source
AAU - Acronyms Are Us

Kidding, my wife is an RN, thinks she knows everything, which of course she does!

Back