hi

moga

Trial Member
Reaction score
hello
just a quick question so if yours airlock does not bubbles after 2 days what should u do ?

by the way I filled the airlock with water is it ok ?

Water isn't a big deal, star-san is generally the preferred option though. Bubbling in the airlock doesn't mean much, if you are able to pull a sample and take a gravity reading that is the way to tell how it's doing. It might be done, it might be leaking around the edges, etc...

Nothing to serious to worry about.

How long has it been in the fermenter? It's a sign you're nearing the end, but not the most reliable one.

Times to take a gravity sample and see where your at check recipies compare yeasts attenuation check for fallen krausen ring taste sample sing diksie and do it all again in a day or so:).

It's entirely possible it's done. Not hugely likely but definitely possible.

As hawkbox says it's possible, but not likely. Do you have a hydrometer or refractometer? If you did I'd give it a day or two and take a sample to get the current gravity. Then give it another day or two and do another sample and if the gravity is the same you can call it done.

If you don't have either of these things I'd just distract yourself until you've got some free time around day 12-14 and bottle it.

Is there any foam or evidence of foam on the top of the Beer?
Brian

Do you mean it was bubbling and now it isn't, or it never started bubbling? If it never started, that might be an issue.

Back