Shopping-list amounts taking inventory amounts into account

SteakFrites

Trial Member
Reaction score
I can't find an equivalent of BeerSmith's "Needed" column in Brewer's Friend Shopping-list.

That is the amount required by recipes minus the amount in the inventory for each ingredient.

It's very convenient, because it allows you to order just what you need.

Does this information exist in Brewer's Friend Shopping-list?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes. When you are in the recipe, you can "add to shopping list"

shop2.png

Then, once you do that, you get this screen:

shop.png

You make the choice then what of those you want to add to the shopping list, and then get this:
shop3.png

Thanks for the answer.

But it does not deduce the amounts in my inventory from the amounts required by the recipes.

Thanks for the answer.

But it does not deduce the amounts in my inventory from the amounts required by the recipes.

I'm not sure what you're saying. You 'remove from inventory' when you brew, so the inventory doesn't change when you make your shopping list.

In the photo, you can see that you can see what you have in inventory, and what the recipe requires. Then you can click "add to shopping list" if you don't have enough.

What I need is the program to tell me exactly how much I need to order like on the attached image.

Thanks

Attachments

• bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 182
Ah, I see what you're saying now! Instead of you adding how much you want to buy and doing the math yourself, you'd like to see it calculated for you?
I'll mention that to the developer. Thanks!

Back