Water Profile in Recipe View and in Print outs

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to see the actual water profile in the recipe view, and ultimately be part of the recipe print out, as well as the brew session print out?
The view, and print outs currently only show the target water profile.

I'm not sure what you would like to see- can you explain more? On my recipe, I see this:
screen.png

And I know you see that as well, so I'm wondering what you mean by the water profile?

Sure Yooper
In recipe view mode, and when printing the recipe, and or the brew session, you see this, as you note above.
This is just the target, not the actual.

In View Mode.JPG

In recipe edit mode you see what I am showing below. Specifically the "Overall Water Report (mg/l)", which is right below the target.
This is what I am hoping to see.
Kind of like when you make changes to your grains, the brew stats are updated, shown, and in anything you print out.
Or when you make changes to hop additions, the results are shown in recipe view mode, and in any printouts you do.
I print things out for future reference and keep them in a binder.

In Edit Mode.JPG

Thank you,
Craigerrr

Here is an example of what prints out when printing the recipe.
Maybe this is part and parcel of one of my other ideas to have the water and additions included as part of the recipe as opposed to flipping back and forth between the water profile and the recipe.
Don't get me wrong, the improvements in the new release are awesome.
The efforts and added features are great.
Cheers

In print mode.JPG

You want to see your water, instead of the water profile for brewing? I'm confused on why- but if I could understand maybe then I would put a ticket in on it.

You want to see your own water profile, and not the target (which should be the overall brewing water)? Or both?

You want to see your water, instead of the water profile for brewing? I'm confused on why- but if I could understand maybe then I would put a ticket in on it.

You want to see your own water profile, and not the target (which should be the overall brewing water)? Or both?

Thanks Yooper
Ideally both, but if I had to choose one, it would be the actual profile that I brewed with.
If I could draw a parallel, when I print out a completed brew session it shows me the theoretical OG, FG, ABV, efficiency etc., but it also shows me the actual OG, FG, ABV, efficiency etc. From this information I can make decisions about potential changes to my recipe or process.
I start from RO, and make my water additions to get as close as possible to the target. When I print this out for my binder I then have to look up the actual water profile and handwrite it for future reference, and potential adjustments.
I hope I am making sense.
Thanks
Craigerrr

Now I understand! Thanks for explaining it to me. I'll mention this as something to be added.

Thank you Yooper, I really appreciate that:)

Another vote for being able to see both the Target Water Profile and the Overall Water Report (Starting water + additions) in the recipe printout.

Actually, I would love to see Source Water as well, this way I can see what I started with, what I targeted and what I ended up with after additions. It might be a nice way to keep track of the chemistry from batch to batch. I'm not sure how popular this idea would be, but just a suggestion.

This seems to have been left behind. I feel that this request is related to making beer. Could this be reviewed again?

@Pricelessbrewing just tagging myself to followup on the request ticket to get it on the water calculator project.

Back