Table salt added to all my recipes when I click to edit them

Brewer #196693

Trial Member
Reaction score
For some reason my recipes always get table salt added. It gets added from the linked water calculator. If I click update, it adds the table salt. When I look in my water calculator there is no table salt being added in there. This happens with both recipes I've made so far. The first one it always added .5g table salt. The second one it always adds 1g table salt.

I can delete the addition and save the recipe and it goes away. But if I click edit recipe it pops back in.

For some reason my recipes always get table salt added. It gets added from the linked water calculator. If I click update, it adds the table salt. When I look in my water calculator there is no table salt being added in there. This happens with both recipes I've made so far. The first one it always added .5g table salt. The second one it always adds 1g table salt.

I can delete the addition and save the recipe and it goes away. But if I click edit recipe it pops back in.

The salt must be coming from the water calc- can you give us some screenshots so we can take a look and see what is happening?

Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator   Brewer s Friend (1).png

I've mentioned this to the developer, it was gone for a while then it reappeared also yesterday the salt was gone but the figures still showed it being added

Here are some screen shots:

1. View the recipe (no salt is in the recipe)
2. Click edit - the salt now appears upon entering edit mode
3. Click edit water - the salt is also in the water calc
4. Remove table salt from the water calc & click update/save
5. Close water calc and back in recipe click update water - The salt disappears from the recipe.
6. Save the recipe & go to view it - there is no salt
7. Click edit and surprise! the salt once again appears

1 - View recipe.png 2 - edit recipe.png 3 - edit water.png 4 - delete table salt.png 5 - update recipe.png 6 - view recipe.png 7 - edit recipe again.png

Back